A Special Bon Voyage to rafinmd - September 28th, 2014

kazu

A Transatlantic that arrives in Hamburg!! What a different port to arrive in and a great port to enjoy a few days. Very best wishes to rafinmd for smooth seas and following winds and many, many thanks for his hard work on the future cruise listing and Bon Voyage threads while I was cruising.

Still in Athens, but we couldn't let him do his own Bon voyage, now could we?

Bon Voyage to the Queen Mary II - 9 day Transatlantic to Hamburg:

rafinmd

tahamburg.jpg

Bon Voyage Roy!!!

Have a great cruise and a wonderful time!!!!

Edited by kazu

Thank you all and especially Jacqui. I'll add a few details. I'm actually sailing both ways, returning on the Wind Star. superoma, sorry, I have no time in Hamburg. I head immediately for the airport to fly to Lisbon, but I will have a day in Hamburg next year as a port call from the Prinsendam.

Oahucruiser, I will be setting up threads on the Cunard and Windstar forums over the weekend, but as usual most or all pictures will be on my blog:

http://getawaysfrom21044.wordpress.com

I leave Sunday and have 2 nights at the Harbor House bed and breakfast, home of http://nyharborwebcam.com. The day I sail from Brooklyn the Maasdam will be making a port call in New York. I'll try to get a few pictures either from my room or the B&B grounds. Both ships sail at 5, so I plan to be on one of QM2's aft decks looking back for the Maasdam.

I'm staying in Estoril, on the mouth of the Tagus, before the Windstar. The Prinsendam is making a port call in Lisbon that day. It docks in central Lisbon and the Wind Star docks close to the 25 April bridge. I'll get off the train near my ship's dock so I won't actually get close to the Prinsendam but will have my eyes glued to the river that morning.

Roy

If anyone deserves a special send-off, it's the one who has kept the list and the Bon Voyages coming through thick and thin.

Have a great time, Roy! Bon Voyage. Can't wait to read your adventures this time.