How to book a cabin correctly and WHICH ONE???

orgirl

My daughter and I came up with the idea to take a Mediterranean cruise next summer (instead of joining the school-sponsored tour of the British Isles). My best friend now wants to go and my daughter is wanting to take a friend. We've been looking at the 12d Brilliance of the Seas in June, 2005.

My dilemma: How much of a discount would there be to put 4 in our room, and if we do, are larger staterooms available that would accomodate essentially 4 adults and all female?? My daughter and friend will both be 17, my friend 28 and I will be 35 by then. OR, should we just book 2 small interior cabins and call it good?? I hit the RCCI website and still couldn't find the answer about triples or quads.

AARRGH!! I've only been researching this for a little while and I'm already on sensory overload...

Celebration 9/13/03--NBA Bachelorette Cruise--AWESOME!!

Next cruise? NOT SOON ENOUGH!!

I think by putting four in one cabin is really packing them in. Unless of course, it is a family suite. It all depends on your budget but if it limited, I suggest you do two seperate but adjoining cabins. I did this for two cruises and it worked out great! I have cruised the Brilliance twice (so far) and she is a great ship. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;04;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till April 2004 Transatlantic Brilliance Crossing

go to some sites such as buycruises.com, bestpricecruises.com, icruise.com. Punch in two people for a category, get the rate then go back and punch in 4 people for a category. Compare, and make your decision. I would call to actually book, seems like you still get a better deal, at least from buycruises.

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Majesty of the Seas 11/95

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99

Grandeur of the Seas 11/00

Grandeur of the Seas 06/01

Grandeur of the Seas 02/02

Navigator of the Seas 12/02

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

Grandeur of the Seas 05/04

Navigator of the Seas 11/04

orgirl: on the RCI website, look at the ship layouts. Note the legend, and you will see indicators for pullmans and sleeper sofas. You will find that only interior staterooms seem to have beds for four, but as others have pointed out, there may not be room for four. Otherwise, a family room will work, and two adjoining rooms, but of course these are more expensive.

Note that for the family room and interior, the first two adults are full price, and the other two are discounted. For two rooms this is not the case.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

...left until Navigator of the Seas 11/13/04

Without question I would book the TWO interior cabins....two bathrooms.....if you are booking during prime time ( which I assume you are if you're taking two 17 year olds) the 3rd and 4th people in the cabin are really not that much cheaper anyway.

If my wife and I stayed in a Quad cabin with the four of us it was only about $300 less then getting two rooms. We went with the two rooms and were glad we did.

Explorer Of The Seas 4/01

Navigator Of The Seas 6/14/03

Mariner Of The Seas 7/11/04

Until the Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;11;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=7>

<param name="day" value=11>

<param name="hour" value=12>

<param name="minute" value=30>

</applet>

kevin01.gif

Go NY Jets

I agree with the other posts. Having been in quads before, having only one bathroom is a HUGE problem! Even though I spend very little time in the cabin, everyone needs to get ready at the same time for dinners, shore excursions, etc.

Sandi

Most definately book 2 rooms. I agree on the 2 bathrooms and everyone trying to get dressed at the same time is almost impossible (definately uncomfortable). Since 2 are minors, book 2 rooms 1 with each adult. Then, when you get to the ship, change out the names so there isn't problems with the door Key (boarding pass).

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005

Mariner of the Seas 10/15/2005

8 cruises to date.

RCCL WILL let you book two teens in a cabin, as long as it's next to or across the hall from yours; we just did this last week-- booked a balcony cabin and two interior cabins across the hall, one for two teenagers and another for my mother in law.

Two rooms, yes! And if you can afford a balcony for yourself, the Med is worth the splurge. I would put the teens in an inside across the hall and spoil yourself and your friend.

RCI(37),NCL(12),Princess(1),HAL(2),Celebrity(3), Carnival(2), Eastern (13),Radisson(2), Star Clippers(1),Home Lines(2), Costa(5),Big Red Boat (6), Dolphin (1), Commodore (2), Others (11)

We did the Mariner recently and packed 2 adults and 2 kids into one balcony room. It worked fine for us, but for the lack of storage space. Wife and girls had to bring lots of clothes. Being the only man in our room, I sometimes had to spend addtional time on the balcony when they got ready---fine!

We have booked 4 in a balcony room and the guys

showered one night after working out in the gym, which helped since it was formal night. Two insides worked better the next cruise, with teens right next door.

What do you guys think about 4 adult women in an inside quad on the Monarch for a shortie 3 night cruise? I just booked that because there was nothing else left (in regards to quads)....think we'll survive??

Rhapsody of the Seas~~~Our first balcony!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;12;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Great advice here. I have to go with 2 cabins also - from experience and YES it is mainly the bathroom problem with gals travelling and they are quite small too not to mention the cabins themselves. Like the suggestion of a balcony or even oceanview cabin for the adults and an inside for the teenagers. They won't spend much time in their cabin anyway so why pay a lot for them - Well worth the dollars for ocean view esp in the Med - Wonderful trip on the Brilliance - such moments to remember...Happy cruisin' icon_cool.gif

Archived