Tell Me All About the Haven on BA!!!

conandrob240

Yes, I am going to do a search and start reading.

And, yes, I have seen and toured the BA Haven so I have some idea what to expect.

But, I need pics and details as we just too a sweeeeet upgrade/upsell offer for our three cabins. Two afts and one fwd haven suite.

How's the Haven dining room for dinner? Will they easily accommodate 9 people? How good is breakfast & lunch there?

What should I expect from the butler?

Do we get priority show seating?

What types of snacks do they serve during the day?

Does it get crowded in the Haven pool area or can I always count on finding a chair?

I have a million questions!!!!!!

And, yes, I have seen and toured the BA Haven so I have some idea what to expect.

But, I need pics and details as we just too a sweeeeet upgrade/upsell offer for our three cabins. Two afts and one fwd haven suite.

How's the Haven dining room for dinner? Will they easily accommodate 9 people? How good is breakfast & lunch there?

We did breakfast & lunch almost everyday. We were 8 people and never had a problem getting a table.

The butler will get you whatever you want as far as food goes, if its from a specialty restaurant you pay the charges.

In the main theater there is reserved seating for Haven guest

Everything from chocolates to sandwiches

Does it get crowded in the Haven pool area or can I always count on finding a chair?

We had no problems, but that can vary week to week

They turn the lights down and it is quiet and romantic. They can easily accommodate 9. Remember it is the same menu every night.

Breakfast is absolutely fantastic. There is a cold buffet and then a menu to order hot items off of and you can have pretty much anything you would want. It is the same menu daily, however. Lunch - they have a great lunch menu as well - again, it never changes, except for the soup they serve each day.

He will get your room service for you and if you order wine, he will bring that. He will also arrange a party in your suite if you ask him to and bring hors d'ouerve's. Tip: On lobster night, ask him to bring some lobster tail as an hors d'ouerve. He will bring you snacks daily. If you want something especially, just tell him. You will get an assortment of snacks that change daily. Things like cheese or cookies or candies or other little sweet or savory hors d'ouerves. On our last cruise I asked for the daily snacks, plus tea sandwiches and a fruit and cheese platter and it would appear every single afternoon! FABULOUS!

Yep, the concierge will help you with that.

Covered above - also know, anything you want, the butler can bring it to you.

Plenty of room for everyone almost always. NO worries about crowds at all.

Most important to know: On disembarkation day, the concierge will walk you off the ship so you don't have to stand in the long, long, long line. It's a wonderful perk!

You will notice that the people in The Haven restaurant learn your name. It's like being in an exclusive club or sailing on a private yacht. Much more personal than just being in a regular cabin. The concierge can always get your dinner reservations for any of the restaurants, btw, even the MDR. You don't have to wait with a beeper like other people on the cruise. There is a cocktail party with the officers one afternoon you will be invited to. It's fun to attend this and talk with them.

My other advice is to get a spa pass because the spas on these ships are AMAZING! In fact, this is why I book a spa suite instead of staying in a suite in The Haven. I love The Haven, but you don't get access to the spa without paying extra unless you are in a Spa Suite. So it is Spa Suites for us all the way. The funny part is that these Spa Suites cost less than the suites in The Haven.

Still The Haven Suites are awesome! You will have a wonderful time!

Unless something has changed recently in addition to the fixed menu there is at least one "special" every night in the Haven restaurant and they're even willing to get you other items that are on the MDR menu...so the dinner menu is not nearly as unchanging as it might appear.

Edited by njhorseman

Most important to know: On disembarkation day, the concierge will walk you off the ship so you don't have to stand in the long, long, long line. It's a wonderful perk!

YES...it is and they will pretty much take you whenever your ready!! 😉 😃

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the advice and the link, nalagh!

An excellent resource!!

We were in the other corner - on the Breakaway - and have it booked again on the Getaway. For the Escape we are switching sides - but booked the same cabin! Absolutely LOVE the Haven....no better way to cruise, IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have 9916 and 9316 and a fwd on deck 13.

We are going to do Le Bistro one night and Cganeys one night but thinking the other 5 nts will be in the Haven. Is that overkill? Is the food much better there or similar to the MDR? My father will eat steak most nights and I like that there is a filet rather than the sirloin steak (which wasn't very good) in the MDR.

do the spa suites have the same perks as the Haven suites? Thanks

Yes (as long as it's a spa suite, not a spa mini suite)...we had a spa suite on Breakaway and it included full Haven privileges. Same is true on Epic and Getaway.

If the cabin category starts with H (such as H9, etc.), it has Haven privileges.

Edited by njhorseman

We have 9916 and 9316 and a fwd on deck 13.

We are going to do Le Bistro one night and Cganeys one night but thinking the other 5 nts will be in the Haven. Is that overkill? Is the food much better there or similar to the MDR? My father will eat steak most nights and I like that there is a filet rather than the sirloin steak (which wasn't very good) in the MDR.

Our Cagneys meal on the BA was ok food but horrible service. Haven restaurant was great - wish we would have skipped Cagneys and gone to Haven instead but we tried Cagneys before Haven.