Quick reviews of Epic

mw_1970

Just got off Epic.

This was our third time on her after sailing 2 cruises on her back in 2010 when she was first launched. Just thought I would do a very quick review of certain aspects of this med cruise:

Embarkation - A breeze (Got on in Rome)

Accommodation - First time in an Epic Inside Cabin. Previously stayed in a Balcony room but to be honest the Inside only seemed very slightly smaller although no couch like in the Balcony cabin. Plenty of storage and as long as you stay organised and tidy more than adequate. Slept very well although did experience a little noise on a couple of occasions (Room 11109) quite early in the morning.

Bars: All good, enjoyed Maltings and Shakers mostly at night. Went to Bliss on a few occasions and service was good despite being very busy (much busier than our two Caribbean sailings), Atrium Bar nice and relaxing particularly in the late afternoon, Pool Bars all had good friendly service.

Food: We booked the Ultimate Dining Package as we don't like the busy MDR's on this ship. Ate at Cagneys, Moderno, Le Bistro, Shanghai and La Cucina. We had good enjoyable meals at all. Also ate at O'Sheehans a couple of times. Burger was good but the Chicken Tenders have gone from about 4 or 5 per portion from 4 years ago down to 2 and weren't particularly nice to be honest. We visited the buffet twice for a light lunch having missed breakfast (due to partying at Bliss) and the food there was always good and plenty of choice. To be honest, food was pretty good everywhere BUT the only thing I would say is that on occasion was VERY salty but I tend to have found this is becoming a bit of a norm on cruise ships.

Entertainment: Didn't do Blue Man or Cirque as have done before but did Legends (Shakira, Diana Ross and Prince) which was excellent and in particular Prince who is a personal Legend of mine. Saw the Supremes Tribute band in Headliners and also a female solo singer (Ex West End) in Headliners and both were excellent. Also saw the Beatles Tribute Band in Fat Cats and they were superb. Manhattan Band we excellent, saw them in The Atrium on our last night where they played a Jazz set and it was fantastic. Guy playing piano in Shakers was always good as was the solo singer and guitarist in Maltings. There is literally live music everywhere on this ship and it is all excellent in my opinion. Not to forget the band that play on the pool deck and did the Salsa night up in Spice H20.

White Hot Party: Started in Spice H20 and finished in Bliss due to inclement weather for last 2 hours. Superb ! The best White Hot Party I have been to yet. Really really well attended.

Staff: All superb.

Can't think what else to review but this was without doubt our favourite cruise to date. Excellent ports although we had done most of them to death before.

One tour I would recommend is the afternoon tour in Cannes that goes to Grasse to the perfumery (really interesting) and then on to St Paul De Vence (stunning Medieval village). Absolutely loved it although would have liked longer at St Pauls (only got about an hour).

Wasn't as keen as my wife to try Epic again but so glad we did. Superb ship.