Bernard's Tour St Maarten

johnsak123

I booked with Bernard's for a party of 11. Great time and driver asked what we would like and tailored the tour to our likes. Free soda, water and beer and made sure we were at Maho Beach for the great airplane show. Had us back to the ship in time as the roads are weird timewise. Would recommend as will many others. Safe driver.

We are booked for our next cruise...I read almost every review I could find for his company and they seem to be the best in St. Maarten. He also has a Facebook page which allows him to reply to questions very quickly.

https://www.facebook.com/BernardsTours?ref=ts&fref=ts

Did this tour three weeks ago and it's great. We had a driver called 'Mailman' and he was terrific. He provided a cooler full of rum punch, Coke products (great as NCL is Pepsi!), beer and water and it was unlimited. We fed the iguanas and then went all over the island.

Recommended!

We also did a tour with Bernard's. Enjoyed it very much and would not hesitate booking with them again. Went to an Inguana farm, stopped at a roadside beach stand to see some water creatures, did a beach stop at Orient beach for a couple of hours, stopped at the market place in Marigot and then went to Maho beach to watch the planes land.

Just booked a private tour with Bernard's for 11 of us. For those who have done this - what do you recommend being included with the customized tour? We're including Maho and the quick stop at the iguana farm ... recommendations for a beach to hang out at? Anything else that we shouldn't miss?

It was a really good toor. We booked it for our next trip (next week, yay!!!). We booked tour #2: iguana farm, stop at the beach to admire some critters, stop at Orient Beach for about couple of hours, about 30 minutes stop on French side near market and fabulous cafe (awesome almond croisants) and Maho beach to see landing planes. Bernard got us to Maho beach in time to see Airbus 300something landing. I got few good photos from Maho Beach.

This year we are taking the same trip with our college-age kids. I enjoyed it very much last year and I am sure I will enjoy it again! :D

We did Bernard's tour on December 19th - there were 7 of us, ages 1 1/2 to 50, and we all had a great time, even the baby! It was honestly the highlight of our entire cruise. We did the tour that stopped at the iguana farm, the beach to view and hold conch, sea urchins, starfish, etc., Orient Beach, Marigot (driver recommended we stop in at Serafina - excellent recomendation!), and to Maho Beach for the airplanes. He dropped some of us off in Phillipsburg to shop, and took some straight back to the ship. He provides water, beer, soft drinks, and some really REALLY stong but tasty rum punch. I can't say enough good things about Bernard's tours - our driver was "Sexy", and he spoke very plain english, and was very nice, and we all felt like friends after the tour! We took the group tour and not the private tour - but it was great and alot more economical! Have Fun!!

question for you who booked. I booked online and did the $5/person paypal reservation. But besides that I didn't get any sort of confirmation. Did anyone else?

I am excited to go on the tour too - just want to make sure I really have reservations - didn't hear anything.

THanks!

Just booked a private tour with Bernard's for 11 of us. For those who have done this - what do you recommend being included with the customized tour? We're including Maho and the quick stop at the iguana farm ... recommendations for a beach to hang out at? Anything else that we shouldn't miss?

We loved Bernard's tour. Orient Beach is really pretty-- we chose to hang out on the left side-the views to the right were not what my DH was hoping for:eek: I took some great pictures at the shopping area but really could not tell you about the actual shopping. Maho was fun for a little bit, a must do. The ocean critter stop was neat-- I held some interesting sea life, which I never thought I would do. Personally, I would let Bernard set up your tour-- he knows the island better than anyone. You will have fun. :D

:confused:

We did Bernard's tour on December 19th - there were 7 of us, ages 1 1/2 to 50, and we all had a great time, even the baby! It was honestly the highlight of our entire cruise. We did the tour that stopped at the iguana farm, the beach to view and hold conch, sea urchins, starfish, etc., Orient Beach, Marigot (driver recommended we stop in at Serafina - excellent recomendation!), and to Maho Beach for the airplanes. He dropped some of us off in Phillipsburg to shop, and took some straight back to the ship. He provides water, beer, soft drinks, and some really REALLY stong but tasty rum punch. I can't say enough good things about Bernard's tours - our driver was "Sexy", and he spoke very plain english, and was very nice, and we all felt like friends after the tour! We took the group tour and not the private tour - but it was great and alot more economical! Have Fun!!

We will be on the Ruby's January 27th sailing. Since you took the group tour can you tell me something about the transportation used? Was it a van, or a mini bus? Was it comfortable? How crowded was it? My DH is claustrophobic so I have to check it out in advance. Thanks :)

We will be on the Ruby's January 27th sailing. Since you took the group tour can you tell me something about the transportation used? Was it a van, or a mini bus? Was it comfortable? How crowded was it? My DH is claustrophobic so I have to check it out in advance. Thanks :)

Bernard operates mini-buses (Nissan) with a center aisle and a stair case at the front right where he often stands. As I recall each bus holds about 18/20 people and as a big person I felt very comfortable and not crowded. He also has some full sized GM type passenger vans which would hold about 8/10 people and they are your typical van with bench seats.

question for you who booked. I booked online and did the $5/person paypal reservation. But besides that I didn't get any sort of confirmation. Did anyone else?

I am excited to go on the tour too - just want to make sure I really have reservations - didn't hear anything.

THanks!

We received a confirmation with 24 hours of reserving and paying the $5/pp fee online.

Edited by krolyat

THanks!

I received an email from Bernard the next day - let me know if you want his email address - you will LOVE his tour!!

Ours was like a mini bus - but the windows are oversized - it was air conditioned and I found it very comfortable. Let the tour guy know when you meet him at the information center about your husband being claustrophobic, and perhaps he could sit in the front of the bus where he can see out the big windshield, plus the window on his side, then he can be first off the bus and last on at the stops, that would probably not be so bad for him? I honestly don't remember how many people were on our actual bus though, but it was full, but it didn't seem crowded even though all the seats were taken.