Star Spa Questions

I, Linda the Book Lover admit to my addiction to the spa pass. I finally convinved my DH to join me on the Pearl and now he is addicted to the relaxation of the spa area. I tried going back through the threads to get the short take on the spa amenities or lack of in comparison to the Pearl and Epic. The Pearl is where I was lost in bliss in the spa and did not wish to be found..;)

We are thinking of getting passes for our upcoming cruise (only 5 days) but I wanted an overview. The DH is in love with the lap pool. The size looks small from the picture. Also are people just standing there in the water or can you comfortably swim laps?

I, Linda the Book Lover admit to my addiction to the spa pass. I finally convinved my DH to join me on the Pearl and now he is addicted to the relaxation of the spa area. I tried going back through the threads to get the short take on the spa amenities or lack of in comparison to the Pearl and Epic. The Pearl is where I was lost in bliss in the spa and did not wish to be found..;)

We are thinking of getting passes for our upcoming cruise (only 5 days) but I wanted an overview. The DH is in love with the lap pool. The size looks small from the picture. Also are people just standing there in the water or can you comfortably swim laps?

Star spa and Pearl spa are similar. Both very nice. You can swim laps in the pool.

Linda,

I found the two spas quite different. I love the spa on the Pearl, but the one on the Star is different. The Star's hot tub (about 10' x 10') has the reclining area, and the lap pool is quite cool and has salt water. I only ever saw one person in it swimming.

We still got the spa pass and enjoyed the spa. We didn't like that the relaxation areas outside the "co-ed" area were also "co-ed". There was not a female- or male-only relaxation area.

Star does not have the heated ceramic chaises longues, but they do have the regular kind. It's a lovely view of the wake!

In the male wet area there is a great pair of hot and cold plunges, showers, sauna and steam.

Of course, this was about 5 years ago, so you never know! But I really do enjoy the area, very relaxing.

Well, see! There you go. Since our last sailing they have heated the loungers and turned them!

Edited by valleyvillage
News about heated loungers.

ImageUploadedByForums1414160355.423910.jpg.c761609aadbf66edbc52fd4ce7d35baf.jpg

We were on the Star in July. There is a small pool, a hot tub, and a thermal pool with recliners (our favorite!). The loungers face the windows; great view from back of the ship. There are also two side rooms with cushioned chairs, which is great for reading...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1414160289.768596.jpg.8e9939610f5b25e5aa07abaf0a85e979.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1414160303.644510.jpg.d6baec178dd9b312431e76e6ecd4b8af.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1414160319.856781.jpg.a43cbe85e868a268f9488964ed39a8b8.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1414160336.849165.jpg.864aadb0b673d828b7f149155e350570.jpg

[ATTACH]328890[/ATTACH][ATTACH]328891[/ATTACH][ATTACH]328892[/ATTACH][ATTACH]328893[/ATTACH][ATTACH]328894[/ATTACH]

We were on the Star in July. There is a small pool, a hot tub, and a thermal pool with recliners (our favorite!). The loungers face the windows; great view from back of the ship. There are also two side rooms with cushioned chairs, which is great for reading...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the pictures!