Europe 2014

jveevers

Being a regular with Celebrity cruises, would now like to try HAL.

Any idea when itineraries for Med. mid 2014 are due out?

I'm in the same boat - no pun intended! I really like 2013 HAL one-way Venice to Barcelona itinerary compared to Celebrity's Barcelona roundtrip. I have been anxiously waiting to see if they'll run it again in 2014. What I've been able to find on the boards thus far is that no one really knows. It appears HAL is not consistent with their roll outs. Each day, I'm starting to see more and more popping up so one would think it should be soon.

I asked my HAL PCC in late February the same question and was told two months, which would make it around the first of May. Frankly I got tired of waiting and booked a suite aboard the NCL Jade for two weeks on a back to back Eastern itinerary at a great price.;)

They certainly run the risk of losing business since many of the major lines have already released their schedules. I am just waiting for the right schedule on any line and will book immediately and I don't think I am unique so I don't know why Holland is dragging their feet since they seem to be at least a week or two behind everyone else in releasing schedules.

They certainly run the risk of losing business since many of the major lines have already released their schedules. I am just waiting for the right schedule on any line and will book immediately and I don't think I am unique so I don't know why Holland is dragging their feet since they seem to be at least a week or two behind everyone else in releasing schedules.

[/Q

I am itching to book a 2014 Med. So far Celebrity and some others have released details, am waiting on HAL and RCL now before deciding.

We are waiting too, looking at booking the Ruby Princess for a TA -- would like to compare HAL, we have a future booking credits to use with both HAL and Princess.... come on HAL get with the program. Other lines have their cruises posted, what is the hold up?

We are waiting too, looking at booking the Ruby Princess for a TA -- would like to compare HAL, we have a future booking credits to use with both HAL and Princess.... come on HAL get with the program. Other lines have their cruises posted, what is the hold up?[/

Curiosity got the best of me so I am finally asking... What does TA stand for in this posting? I know many times it means Travel Agent but several times lately I have seen it used in sentences that it wouldn't make sense.

Thanks,

Sharon

I just called HAL to ask about the schedule for Europe 2014. I have an OBC I have to book before 4/30 after having taken a cruise in Feb. They said I would lose it, since the schedule will not be out until May. They would not extend the offer. They said to have my TA book a reservation for anything and then when the schedule comes out, transfer the reservation to the new booking. I think this is terrible PR for HAL. I am sure they could extend the offer beyond the date since their schedule is so late coming out.

I think it is very weird, to wait until May to announce the post April 2014 schedule. HAL has not done this (as far as I know) since we first cruised on Prinsendam in 2009. I think they have already lost us for 2014. Oceania Tahiti seems to be calling us back and maybe a Riverboat in the fall instead of Prinsendam.

Archived