Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Cruise Air

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old March 14th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Deviation Multi City

If I book a cruise with embarkation in Rome and debarkation in Venice, could I pay the deviation fee and, instead of flying to Rome and back from Venice, fly to Zurich, get my own transport to Rome, and fly back from Venice?

thanks

Old March 14th, 2012, 07:24 PM
40,000+ Club

Probably. Check with your TA or cruise line.

Old March 14th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Check out the prices for yourself using something like Expedia or ITA software and see what the prices are. With deviation fee usually easy to beat the price and get exactly what will make your trip happy if you do it yourself.

Try doing it yourself and I doubt you will ever give up that control again and take what cruise air gives you.

Barbara and Walter
Bowie, Md.

2014Oceanic Discoverer New Zealand South Island
2013 Disney Dream 2012Diamond Princess The Orient route Star Princess Cape Horn Route SA 2011M/V Evolution Galapagos Islands 2011 Uniworld River Duchess Tulips/windmills;2010 Crown Princess Canada/New England;2010 Coral Princess Panama Canal;2009 Oceania Nautica Greece and Turkey;2008 Cunard QM2 Southern Caribbean;2008 Celebrity Constellation Iberia & TA;2007 Majestic American Queen of West ColumbiaR;2006 Princess Star Princess Baltic;2004 Princess Tahitian Princess South Pacific;2003 Viking River Cruises Clara Schumann Elbe R;2002 Coral Princess (Aust) Coral Princess2 Reef;2001 Princess Royal Princess Norwegian Fijords;2000 Jungle Expeditions La Turmalina Amazon R;1999 Disney Magic Bahamas;1998 RCCL Enchanment of Seas Western Carib.;1996 Princess Star Princess (old) Alaska;1994 RCCL Monarch of the Seas Southern Carib;1990 RCCL Nordic Prince Bermuda;1987 RCCL Sun Viking Eastern Carib.

Old March 15th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Cool Cruiser

Flying into Rome and out of Venice is called an "open jaw". It is definately allowed by the airline and considered similar pricing to a round trip as long as the part that you are not flying is not greater distance than either flight segment.

If you want to add on an additional city, you can check on that as some routes allow for a stopover at no addtional cost. You would want to check it out yourself online (play around with the multi city itinerary) or check with a TA. For many arilines the stopover depends on their routes and where they have a hub or where you change planes.

Old March 15th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the info, and I apologize for the double post.

Shawski