Croydon Plantation/ Carnival excursion

avon lady

We were on this tour about 1 and 1/2 years ago. We toke my 75 year old mom on this tour and it worked very well for her. Toward the beginning of the tour they have an area with benches under some shade where we all sat down as they told us how coffee was made. Very interesting. The next part was walking about maybe a quarter of a mile (maybe more?) to different areas of the plantation. Had a few places where you could stop and taste a variety of fruits. I am not sure there were places to sit down in abundance, but, I do seem to recall seeing people grabbing a seat here or there on maybe a rock wall or something along those lines. The fruit tasting was great. Able to try some that I had never even heard of. But the time went fast and we finished with a wonderful jerk chicken meal served in a open-air facility with plenty of seating. There were many seniors on this tour with us and all seemed to handle the pace and the distance we walked. I would do this tour again. Also, bring a camera. There are some wonderful photo ops. They are located up in the mountains so be prepared for a bit of a bumpy and winding road, but, it is so peaceful and lovely up on the plantation. Nice to be able to drive away from the crowds and the city.

For the people with bad knees or hips, let them know that there is some walking on grass or dirt road. I do recall concrete on the roadway that we walked on. And a sidewalk approaching the building where they were serving the jerk chicken. Not hard walking, but, not always even ground. And after a good rain I would suppose a few areas might be tricky.

Edited by 2-laner