The night before you leave barbados

laurakdy

We are booked on Azura, leaving on Friday December 25th, 2015. Going to Barbados.

Now, as most will probably know P & O always charter 2 flights, one leaving on the Friday and one leaving on the Saturday.

We like the Friday one, so we can be onbaord that first night and I also like to get back home on The Saturday morning, as opposed to the Sunday morning, re work committments.

Now Ive just read on my roll call that we are staying in a hotel on the Friday night and not the ship.

Is it the same for the following week for those staying on and not flying back until the Saturday. Are they getting shipped out on the Friday to a hotel. ?

Ive not heard of this before and wondered if its a new thing they do now ? I love being on the ship the night before we sail.

Can anyone enlighten me please, if this is the case now ?

Hi,

Sorry I'm a bit confused by your post. Are you saying that you are staying in a hotel the night you ARRIVE in Barbados or the night before you LEAVE Barbados?

I've never heard of this before, and it makes no sense to me why they would use a hotel in Barbados when there is a floating hotel in the bay (your ship)? What does it say on your itinerary?

Maybe someone has got the wrong end of the stick or made an assumption that it would be a hotel, as those going to the USA on a scheduled flight have a one night stay in a hotel before the cruise. This is different though as they are charter flights.

I hope you get this sorted and have a fab cruise. We'll be on Ventura and can't wait, especially as its now getting colder.

Hi,

Sorry I'm a bit confused by your post. Are you saying that you are staying in a hotel the night you ARRIVE in Barbados or the night before you LEAVE Barbados?

I've never heard of this before, and it makes no sense to me why they would use a hotel in Barbados when there is a floating hotel in the bay (your ship)? What does it say on your itinerary?

Maybe someone has got the wrong end of the stick or made an assumption that it would be a hotel, as those going to the USA on a scheduled flight have a one night stay in a hotel before the cruise. This is different though as they are charter flights.

I hope you get this sorted and have a fab cruise. We'll be on Ventura and can't wait, especially as its now getting colder.

Sorry for the confusion. I am talking about the start of the cruise.

I wouldn't even be asking the question but someone on my roll call asked the question and then in another post reiterated it and said she was excited to hear what hotel we would be staying in on the Friday night and no one had corrected her.

I havnt got my itinerary yet as just booked it but P&O certainly didn't mention it when I booked.

Sorry for the confusion. I am talking about the start of the cruise.

I wouldn't even be asking the question but someone on my roll call asked the question and then in another post reiterated it and said she was excited to hear what hotel we would be staying in on the Friday night and no one had corrected her.

I havnt got my itinerary yet as just booked it but P&O certainly didn't mention it when I booked.

Thanks for clarifying laurakdy.

I still think that you will be going straight to the ship from the airport. Half the ship passengers will be getting off that day and going home (presumably on the planes that bring you in that day), so it doesn't make any sense for you to be put in a hotel.

Probably the best thing to do is to ring P&O and ask them. Hopefully you'll speak to someone who knows what they're talking about. I'll eat my hat if you didn't go straight to the ship! Keep us posted and let us know please.

Thanks for clarifying laurakdy.

I still think that you will be going straight to the ship from the airport. Half the ship passengers will be getting off that day and going home (presumably on the planes that bring you in that day), so it doesn't make any sense for you to be put in a hotel.

Probably the best thing to do is to ring P&O and ask them. Hopefully you'll speak to someone who knows what they're talking about. I'll eat my hat if you didn't go straight to the ship! Keep us posted and let us know please.

I am agreeing with you. It was just that post that through me.

The funny thing is, before I booked the cruise I explained on the roll call about how it works etc as that post was already up and I thought it must be her first cruise and didn't know.

She reiterated again in another post and no one corrected her. That's why I was also asking about at the end of the cruise also and yes, it would mean half would be going to a hotel and I really can't see that happening.

Thanks for your input.

Laura. Xx

we are booked for 7th feb from barbados but there is also a flight on 6th feb the one's flying on the 6th will be in a hotel that night then will be boarding the ship on 7th

Now I'm even more confused :confused:

Is this a new thing P & O are doing ?

I've been on both Azura and Ventura leaving from Barbados and boarded the ship on the Friday night.

are they doing this at the end of the cruise also, for the people staying on till the Saturday and shipping out for a hotel stay also ?

A friend of mine is going on 26.12.14 and is staying in a hotel for the first night in Barbados, I thought she had got it wrong or that her TA was trying to get more money out of her. It appears not as other's are doing the same.

Maybe it's because it's Xmas and more people have booked the 13.12.14 cruise therefore not getting off the ship until 27.12.14 so not enough cabin's available on the 26th??

What a pain, wont they then have to go through security at Barbados airport before departing for the hotel for the night and then a pick up the next day to the port? I would feel as though I was loosing a day of my holiday? Sorry to put a negative slant on this subject for those who are doing this!!!

Would someone please clarify whether those who are staying in a hotel were aware of that at the time of booking or were they notified after they booked? We are booked on Azura on 24th and expecting a free day in Barbados on 6th, over-nighting on board and departing on 7th. I hope we are getting what we booked - transferring to a hotel on our last day will limit the free time in Barbados, a situation I would not be happy about.

It would be interesting to know whether the person flying out on 6th Feb and stopping at a hotel is actually doing the cruise from supposedly from 6th - 20th or if it's being counted as 7th - 21st ie still getting a day in Barbados at the end. Could it be to do with full planes so some people are either being flown out a day early or back a day later? I'm finding this very confusing.

A friend of mine is going on 26.12.14 and is staying in a hotel for the first night in Barbados, I thought she had got it wrong or that her TA was trying to get more money out of her. It appears not as other's are doing the same.

Maybe it's because it's Xmas and more people have booked the 13.12.14 cruise therefore not getting off the ship until 27.12.14 so not enough cabin's available on the 26th??

What a pain, wont they then have to go through security at Barbados airport before departing for the hotel for the night and then a pick up the next day to the port? I would feel as though I was loosing a day of my holiday? Sorry to put a negative slant on this subject for those who are doing this!!!

If thats the case as you say, we are flying out on the Friday, the 25th, and if people arnt allowed to board until the 27th, we would have to be put in a hotel for 2 nights ? :confused:

Also the ship is usually split 50/50 as to who chooses to arrive on the Friday and who arrives on the Saturday. Personal choice for everyone.

Can you honestly see them putting half of us, approx 1500 in hotels for either 1 or 2 nights ?

I am even more confused now. never heard of this at all.

I will have to speak with P & O as theyre the only one's that can tell us.

I'm getting confused - if you are travelling on the Friday then that is the 26th? Are some people travelling on Christmas Day independently and so have to stay in a hotel as ship won't be in port then?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm getting confused - if you are travelling on the Friday then that is the 26th? Are some people travelling on Christmas Day independently and so have to stay in a hotel as ship won't be in port then?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In 2015 Friday is the 25th.

Brian

I am getting confused now, I was under the impression we would be on the ship too for Friday 25th Dec 2015. Even when I mentioned it to my cruise lady in the call centre about our dining options on Christmas day she never mentioned a hotel?

Off to call them tomorrow!

I am getting confused now, I was under the impression we would be on the ship too for Friday 25th Dec 2015. Even when I mentioned it to my cruise lady in the call centre about our dining options on Christmas day she never mentioned a hotel?

Off to call them tomorrow!

Dont be confused. Its definitely not going to happen. Just a wee error by someone...xx