Alaska Land Tour and Island Princess-pictures!

SLWD

My husband and I went on a land tour plus a cruise from Whittier to Vancouver on the Island Princess. Here are the links to our pictures.. I hope you enjoy them.

[url]http://community.webshots.com/album/165038983gmzmWk[/url]

this one has Fairbanks, Riverboat ride, Alaska Pipeline and the Gold mining trip
[url]http://community.webshots.com/album/165458948ecKnba[/url]

this one has the train ride to Denali, the Princess Lodge, and the Tundra Tour, [url]http://community.webshots.com/album/165865702jXkzre[/url]

This one has the train ride to Anchorage, and some of Whittier and more
Hope you enjoy them, and I will post more later. You will have to copy and paster them. Mary

I justed wanted to add that we started our land cruise on June 28th and boarded the Island Princess on the 3rd of July. Some of our pictures look a little smokey and that is because of the forest fires that were only about 60 miles away from Fairbanks.
I will be posting more pictures from the places were we stopped. If you have any questions, let me know and I will try to answer them. Thanks for looking at our pictures. Mary

What kind of cabin did you have on the island? I am looking for information on a covered balcony.

And also I hear you can only take an overnight bag to Denali on the train. What is Princess defintion of an overnight bag? What did you use?

Thanks Shelly

What a shame about the smoke.:( What you can see looks very nice.

I'm thinking about an Island Princess cruisetour in two years. I'm looking forward to any information that comes about in this thread.

Thanks for sharing your pics.

Shelly, to answer your questions our first room was E712 and the balcony wasn't covered all the way, but we got upgraded when we arrived and our new room was B610 and it had a covered balcony. It was nice. But we really didn't spend alot of time on the balcony, as we wanted to see eveything thing. So we were on the decks alot.
Our bag that we took on the train, was a little smaller than the bag you can take on an airplane, as there is no room for them. The bag has to fit under your seat. My bag had a change of clothes (for emergency)snacks, and reading material. We always got our bags when we arrived in our hotel.
Glad everyone is enjoying our pictures. Mary

Archived