Who is booked for an Alaskan Cruise in 2015?

lovetotraveltx

What dates on millennium? So,, you're doing b2b but on 2 different ships? Any land?

We are booked on the June 19, 2015 sailing on the Millennium with a few days for a short land tour before we board NCL Sun on June 29, 2015.

Hi everyone!

First post from a long time lurker :)

My husband and I are cruising on the Grand Princess on June 13, and we are taking his dad and my parents along for the ride!

It will be my second cruise and the first for my parents. I am so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by PSUtraveler

This will be our 2nd trip to Alaska and this time we are taking our Son and his wife. We are booked (again) on Celebrity Millennium Southbound May 2015 on the 12 day (5 day land with Rail to Talkeetna overnight at the Talkeetna Alaska Lodge and 2 days in Denali and 1 night Girdwood at the lovely Hotel Alyeska) On our last trip to Alaska I loved the Hotel Ayleska so very much and as I was leaving that hotel I said to my husband "I want to come back here again one day." He is not one to repeat vacation sites but this one he agreed that we should visit again. We are planning to mix it up a bit and do some other things that we did not do on our first trip. But we saw no need to go back to Fairbanks. First trip we spent 2 whole days there and I much preferred the other places we saw later on during the trip. Excited and can not wait. I will be watching the prices of this cruise carefully. I do not know if it was wise to book this early. Any thoughts on this. I do know they will adjust the price if it goes down.

I booked the Millenium round trip out of Vancouver on May12. I am concerned about going so early in the season. I picked this cruise solely because it is going to Sitka and we loved this port during our first Alaskan cruise in 2001. I am also thinking 7 night cruises are too short and will love staying on the ship for 10 days. For all of you though that are going for the first time please do some land portion. If you only have a few days do the Kenai peninsula doing at least a 6 hour scenic boat trip in Kenai Fjords National park where you will see whales, puffins, sea lions and glaciers. It was phenomenollly beautiful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This will be our 2nd trip to Alaska and this time we are taking our Son and his wife. We are booked (again) on Celebrity Millennium Southbound May 2015 on the 12 day (5 day land with Rail to Talkeetna overnight at the Talkeetna Alaska Lodge and 2 days in Denali and 1 night Girdwood at the lovely Hotel Alyeska) On our last trip to Alaska I loved the Hotel Ayleska so very much and as I was leaving that hotel I said to my husband "I want to come back here again one day." He is not one to repeat vacation sites but this one he agreed that we should visit again. We are planning to mix it up a bit and do some other things that we did not do on our first trip. But we saw no need to go back to Fairbanks. First trip we spent 2 whole days there and I much preferred the other places we saw later on during the trip. Excited and can not wait. I will be watching the prices of this cruise carefully. I do not know if it was wise to book this early. Any thoughts on this. I do know they will adjust the price if it goes down.

The prices for June,2015 with same cruise tour and we got concierge seemed good to me! I do know that the same exact cruise this June 2014 at this late date is $2500 more than I'm paying next year!

What type/location of cabin did you get this time and last time. Any pointers on the land tour and/or the Millennium?

Thanks!

We are booked on Radiance of the Seas, Southbound, departing 7/17/2015.

It will be our first trip to Alaska. We booked Cruisetour 4B. Going with DW, DS (will celibrate his 17th Bday on the cruise) and DD (16 then). We are booked in 2 insides on deck 8 so that we have more for excursions.

Hope to do 2 additional days on our own in either Fairbanks or in Vancouver

This will be our first cruise in 3 years, that is way to long between cruises. As someone that loves to plan our vacations, Alaska is very exciting.

Haysiedaze - have you thought about doing a do-it-yourself land tour rather than a cruise tour? I think you will enjoy it a lot more and being that you are taking teenagers with you. It is so nice to do what you want when you want and stop for as long as you want. There are so many scenic spots to see that the tour buses don't stop at that you could see by renting your own minivan for the 4 of you. Planning the trip with places that interest all of you is half the fun of the trip. You would all love, love a 6 hour boat trip of the Kenai Fjords National park out of Seward on Major Marine tours. You see whales, puffins, sea lions, glaciers. Was an awesome tour and a highlight of our trip in both 2007 and 2012. Whatever you choose to do you will love visiting Alaska. You can get many discounts by buying the Northern Lights tour book. It totally pays for itself. Well these are just my thoughts.

We too have booked for 2015. This will be our 3rd Alaskan Cruise. 1st one was R/T Seattle, 2nd was Vancouver to Whittier (Anchorage) and this one is a 10 day Seattle to Vancouver.

We have cruised alone all this time until this up coming cruise. We have booked a 2 bdrm suite on NCL Jewel and will be taking our adult children and my mother. All of them are excited to finally get to see what we have fallen in love with.

Yes we considered the DIY and could change to that later on in our planning. At this time I prefer someone else to do the "driving" for our first trip to Alaska.

One problem for our family for boat (or even cruise liner) trips is that my daughter has issues with them. That is why we stopped cruising in 2012. She is willing to try one more time on a cruiseship. Our NH February school vacations are different then most schools and in 2012 there were only 20 kids under the age of 17 (most younger than 6) on our cruise so they had no one their age at that time to hang out with. I expect that on a cruise in Alaska in the summer there will be more teens. If there are she may forget she is on a ship.

My wife and I will do a whale watch trip in ISP and my son and I will do some other boat related trip during the vacation.

Once the kids are in college my wife and I will go back and do a DIY trip for a couple weeks.

Haysiedaze - have you thought about doing a do-it-yourself land tour rather than a cruise tour? I think you will enjoy it a lot more and being that you are taking teenagers with you. It is so nice to do what you want when you want and stop for as long as you want. There are so many scenic spots to see that the tour buses don't stop at that you could see by renting your own minivan for the 4 of you. Planning the trip with places that interest all of you is half the fun of the trip. You would all love, love a 6 hour boat trip of the Kenai Fjords National park out of Seward on Major Marine tours. You see whales, puffins, sea lions, glaciers. Was an awesome tour and a highlight of our trip in both 2007 and 2012. Whatever you choose to do you will love visiting Alaska. You can get many discounts by buying the Northern Lights tour book. It totally pays for itself. Well these are just my thoughts.