Many thanks to everybody who posted a question for me today - I think I managed to answer most of them. The feedback and debate is very useful for me to discuss with my colleagues both ashore and on our ships. We are very grateful both to our loyal Cunarders and to those who have yet to sail with us for their continued interest in all things Cunard. All of us at Cunard are very proud to wor with each other and to make sure that - with our wonderful heritage and history -we look after our guests and make sure they have fantastic holidays .I hope to do this again - as I found it very worthwhile - meanwhile please keep an eye on what we are getting up to on our Blog at [URL="http://www.wearecunard.com"]www.wearecunard.com[/URL]. Best Regards. Peter

Peter Shanks, thanks for your response to various questions which I read with great interest. You dodged a few questions, albeit as tactfully as possible. Since you mentioned that you might be familar with this forum, you undoubtely noticed the appreciation frequent passengers (Cunarders? Cunardists?) have towards the crew and staff. Please let them know that all their efforts are greatly appreciated. Thank you. Regards, -Salacia

I must confess to be very impressed with the answers offered by Mr Shanks as I was expecting your typical, bland, non political answer that dodged each and every question. Yes some questions were avoided but this person is not hiding behind a pseudonym, they are putting their name to each and every answer so care and caution has to be respected.

My thoughts on my Falklands question showed this type of tact and I guess we must all respect those making decisions have to be aware of political ramifications of visiting certain locations :(

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer the questions you did and hopefully you will enjoy the night clubbing experience aboard the Queen Mary 2. ;)

• Administrators
I, too, would like to thank Peter -- and his staff -- for making this visit possible. An open invitation is extended to Mr. Shanks for future visits!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived