Getting from Orlando Airport(MCO) to Cape Canaveral

gerrimom

A lot of people do a one way car rental as most all the rental companies will shuttle you to the port.

If you don't want to bother with that I would "prebook" a shuttle

Try contacting Cortrans.......Travelynx........Cocoa Beach Shuttle.......Executive VIP Limo.

Have a great cruise!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

I am very curious why do people rent a car just to get from the airport to the port????

You arrive to Orlando airport...then you have to rent a vehicle, get directions/find the location on GPS, drive yourself, fill up the tank before you drop off, drop off the vehicle and then wait for a shuttle to the port...

Isn't it too much "work" for just a 45 min trip?

Am i missing something?

I know that many people do that, but why?

If the price is not an issue - book a private car. If you are looking for a lowest rate - book a shared shuttle.

I might be wrong, but i just don't get it.

I am very curious why do people rent a car just to get from the airport to the port????

You arrive to Orlando airport...then you have to rent a vehicle, get directions/find the location on GPS, drive yourself, fill up the tank before you drop off, drop off the vehicle and then wait for a shuttle to the port...

Isn't it too much "work" for just a 45 min trip?

Am i missing something?

I know that many people do that, but why?

If the price is not an issue - book a private car. If you are looking for a lowest rate - book a shared shuttle.

Sometimes if you get a great rate, the one way rental could be cheaper than book a shuttle and way cheaper than a taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you, for all the reasons you mentioned.

In my opinion, if there are only one or two of you, then a shuttle one way makes more sense. Cortrans Shuttle, for instance, charges $20.00 per person, neat and sweet. If you can get a car rental for less than $40.00 - everything included (insurance, gas, GPS, etc.) then it might be worth it if you have more than two people, but I still wouldn't rent a car simply for transportation from point A to point B.

Everyone is different but renting a car makes sense to me. A rental gives you flexibility and options. You are not limited to someone's schedule or spending a day only within walking distance to a hotel. I usually have the address before I leave home. I then use the GPS on my smartphone and Insurance is covered through my personal insurance and credit card. I plan on dropping my luggage off at the pier before dropping off the car. This way I'm not dealing with bags.

If you are not comfortable driving in new areas or waiting on others (for the shuttle to fill) renting a car may not be a good option.

I did opt for the cruise line shuttle to get me back to the airport because it was only a few dollars more than a shared shuttle.

Everyone is different but renting a car makes sense to me. A rental gives you flexibility and options. You are not limited to someone's schedule or spending a day only within walking distance to a hotel. I usually have the address before I leave home. I then use the GPS on my smartphone and Insurance is covered through my personal insurance and credit card. I plan on dropping my luggage off at the pier before dropping off the car. This way I'm not dealing with bags.

If you are not comfortable driving in new areas or waiting on others (for the shuttle to fill) renting a car may not be a good option.

I did opt for the cruise line shuttle to get me back to the airport because it was only a few dollars more than a shared shuttle.

No, you did not understand me. If someone is staying at one of the hotels in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach...renting a car makes sense. But there are people who arrive the day of their departure and rent a car just to get from the airport to the port.

But there are people who arrive the day of their departure and rent a car just to get from the airport to the port.

yep, because SOMETIMES you can get a car for as little as $30. Gas will run about $5, tolls $2. The drive is simple: exit airport turn right, stay on this road until you see the cruise ships, stay on this road watching for sign of your rental place .. all on the same road and the gas station is "right there"

cruise shuttle is typically $35 per person or more ... local shuttle $20 and up ... got 4 traveling????

some people look for lowest cost and sometimes a rental is it.