LAX to Long Beach hotel area for 9 people

zoicca

We are 4 adults, 5 kids. Looking for the cheapest way to get from LAX to the hotel area of Long Beach. Don't have a hotel picked out yet, but looking for something that will get us to the general vicinity.

Thanks for all the input.

I use Prime Time Shuttle van which has been very reliable for me & less expensive than other shuttle companies that I've found.

An exclusive van for 9 passengers is $85 one-way between LAX & Carnival's LB cruise terminal. It shouldn't be much different to go to a LB hotel & is cheaper than the shared van price.

They offer discounts (5%-o/w; 10%-r/t) however that's only for shared vans and is more expensive than an exclusive van. Also the discount is not available going to hotels or to ports.

http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/?_ga=1.57029226.1558423679.1436901316

A PT limo for your group is about $135 but I do not use a limo so there may be less expensive options. We're considering a shared shuttle from home for $98 r/t for 2 passengers to the Port of LA which is less expensive than parking for a week. For a few dollars more than what it would cost to park at the cruise terminal we can get a exclusive sedan to transport us to and from our cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 2 weeks later...
We're considering a shared shuttle from home for $98 r/t for 2 passengers to the Port of LA which is less expensive than parking for a week. For a few dollars more than what it would cost to park at the cruise terminal we can get a exclusive sedan to transport us to and from our cruise.

I recently became aware that I incorrectly posted the cost...that is one-way & not roundtrip. My apologies for the misinformation & wanted to correct my mistake. Now it's back to being more cost-effective for me to drive & park at the port or to get a hotel/park package for longer cruises.

If you're brave you could take the Metro to Long Beach.

Green Line, transfer to the Blue Line at the Willowbrook Station. metro.net. Get on the free Long Beach Passport Bus. This has stops at the Queen Mary, the Maya and other hotels.

If you're brave you could take the Metro to Long Beach.

Green Line, transfer to the Blue Line at the Willowbrook Station. metro.net. Get on the free Long Beach Passport Bus. This has stops at the Queen Mary, the Maya and other hotels.

I'm brave but wouldn't use this routing to LB nor would I recommend it to anyone else to connect in Watts going to LB.

I'm brave but wouldn't use this routing to LB nor would I recommend it to anyone else to connect in Watts going to LB.

They did ask for the cheapest, lol.

We've taken the lines to Long Beach for many years now. We take it from both San Bernardino County and the San Fernando Valley. Only issues we've ever had has been on the Orange Line in the San Fernando Valley. From Union Station we take the Red or Purple line to the Blue Line to Long Beach.