San diego hotel help

I am very familiar with Fort Lauderdale hotels...prefer the Riverside on Los Olas. Now we are looking at a cruise out of San Diego. It will be our first trip to California. I have spent the last few hours looking at San Diego hotels and am really confused.

Please give me your top two favorites within the 3 to 4 star star range. .. in the general vicinity of the cruise port and within 2 blocks of a restaurant.

Thanks

There are MANY threads about hotels in San Diego. There are about 5 hotels that are within general walking distance, and many others in the area. Our fav is Embassy Suites- within walking distance of the Pier.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I really enjoyed my stay in the Wyndham San Diego Bayside. It was about a block to the port, and had a number of restaurants surrounding it, both high end (Ruth's Chris) and casual (a deli). There is also a hop on/hop off trolley stop across the street from it.

It had complimentary shuttle to and from the airport, to the ship and to some tourist destinations such as the Zoo. I had a bay view room and was able to watch my ship sail into port.

The room was comfortable and the service was excellent. I hope to stay there again sometime.

Lesa

We stayed once at the Wyndam San Diego Bayside when it was branded as a Holiday Inn. The location was incredibly convenient -- essentially across the street from the cruise terminal, and also within minutes walking distance to both the Midway and the maritime museum.

We've also stayed at the Embassy Suites referenced by CruiserBruce, but the last time we were there (2012) there seemed to be such serious lack of organization at breakfast that we've not stayed there again.

Lately we've stayed at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront. We like the location and facility. It is a very easy walk to Seaport Village and its restaurants.