batik shop @ Romney Manor

ntallwhowndrRlst

Most tours stop at Romney Manor to visit the Caribelle Batik shop. You will see how the cotton fabric has its designs applied by hand with wax then dyed. It is repeated several times to create the finished product. You will see the design process only, not fabric production. I am sure the cotton fabric used is most likely produced elsewhere. There will be many operators at the port that will offer this tour.

In Arizona batik fabric is always a little more per yard than other quilting fabric. I am hoping they might have some small picture type fabrics. Like a sea scene with palm trees or something.

I am working on a batik quilt right now that is called SEA GLASS. It is light blues and greens in batiks.

I would love to find someone on my cruise that would like to hunt down some quilt shops on the Islands.

4boysnana

I would love to find someone on my cruise that would like to hunt down some quilt shops on the Islands.

4boysnana

Are you going to Curacao? There is a huge, wonderful fabric shop on the second or third street back from the waterfront, midway in the block, on the left, if you are walking towards the floating market.

I am not a quilter, or crafty at all, but I was taken by the beautiful prints, and brought a few yards home.

In Panama and Costa Rica you can get pieces of the mola fabric made by the Embera Indian women, which are quilted works of art in their own right. Again, not cheap, so so worth it for the hand crafted artistry.

Good luck on your search. And yes, I was at the batik factory years ago and nothing was cheap, even then.

Are you going to Curacao? There is a huge, wonderful fabric shop on the second or third street back from the waterfront, midway in the block, on the left, if you are walking towards the floating market.

I am not a quilter, or crafty at all, but I was taken by the beautiful prints, and brought a few yards home.

In Panama and Costa Rica you can get pieces of the mola fabric made by the Embera Indian women, which are quilted works of art in their own right. Again, not cheap, so so worth it for the hand crafted artistry.

Good luck on your search. And yes, I was at the batik factory years ago and nothing was cheap, even then.

I am going there in January! I will check it out. Did they have batik? Thank you for letting me know.

I would love to find some nice tropical fabric and I also do embroidery and needlework.

See you in the checkout line

Happy travels

4boysnana

And one of those. It looks like so much fun.Thank you for posting the pictures. Made my day.

I better not over pack so I have room in my suitcase! On other trips I have had to purchase luggage.

Fun fun fun

Happy travels

4boysnana