ms Amsterdam visiting Juneau, AK - June 28, 2016

Copper10-8

Tuesday afternoon at 1300 hrs. / 1:00 pm local, it's co-flagship Amsterdam's turn to visit Juneau, AK. As usual, she is assigned the Alaska Steamship (AS) dock which is the closest to the camera. Her departure time is set for 2100 hrs. / 9:00 pm.

The action can be seen, and heard, on:

http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/

Also in port on a busy Tuesday in order of appearance are Norwegian Jewel going to the Alaska Juneau (AJ) dock (0700-1330), Celebrity Millennium, assigned the Cruise Terminal (CT) dock (0700-2030), Coral Princess heading for Franklin Street (FKL) dock (0800-2100) and Norwegian Pearl, taking her older sister's spot at the AJ dock as soon as the latter has vacated same (1400-2200)

Water is like glass this AM. Overcast but pretty reflections. Looks like either the Jewel or the Millenium is on its way. Can't tell from the distance but I think the Jewel usually arrives first.

Edited by SJSULIBRARIAN

Thanks, Copper, I hope to be here. I broke a tooth last week, and I have a long appointment booked today with the dentist to prepare for a crown.:eek: I should be back in time for the sail in.

Copper may I ask you here, or should I start another thread? Could you advise who the officers will be on Prinsendam between October 6 and November 19 this year? Captain, particularly? Also wondering if we will have a priest on board. Last time we did, but he "jumped ship" in Rome, I guess we can't blame him for that!:D

Thanks, Copper, I hope to be here. I broke a tooth last week, and I have a long appointment booked today with the dentist to prepare for a crown.:eek: I should be back in time for the sail in.

Copper may I ask you here, or should I start another thread? Could you advise who the officers will be on Prinsendam between October 6 and November 19 this year? Captain, particularly? Also wondering if we will have a priest on board. Last time we did, but he "jumped ship" in Rome, I guess we can't blame him for that!:D

PRDM:

Capt Dag Dvergastein

HD Cees Tesselaar

DRM Tri Wiyono

CD Bruce Allen Scudder

Very experienced group there! Capt. Dag, a Norwegian, came from Seabourn

Alaways subject to change!

Thank you, Copper. Has Captain Dag been on Prinsendam for a while? I hadn't heard his name mentioned in relation to her? Usually Captain Gunderson or someone else, can't remember who was on last time we sailed on her.

Ann (rough estimates until Copper fills in the details), Captain Dag has been with HAL roughly 6 months. Captain Gunderson retired roughly 3 years ago after being associated with the Prinsendam virtually all it's life up to that point.

Captain Andre von Schoonhoven replaced Captain Gunderson but had some medical issues soon after he was appointed. When I was on the 2013 Amazon Explorer Captain Gunderson was back at the helm for a couple weeks until Captain Roberts was able to return early from vacation. For much of the time between Captain Andre's illness and Captain Dag's appointment Prinsendam Staff Captains have been filling in on Captain Tim's vacations. (There may have been a brief additional Captain's appointment that I can't remember).

Certainly you will have a priest assigned to your cruise. HAL can't physically stop him from deserting in Rome but I'm sure that has drastic implications for future appointments.

Roy

Thanks, Roy. Haha! I'm sure it wasn't an actual "desertion", but our Catholic chaplain did leave in Rome after the Holy Land cruise, he probably had just signed on for that portion!

I know we will have a Protestant chaplain on the TA, he's on our roll call!

Ann (rough estimates until Copper fills in the details), Captain Dag has been with HAL roughly 6 months. Captain Gunderson retired roughly 3 years ago after being associated with the Prinsendam virtually all it's life up to that point.

Captain Andre von Schoonhoven replaced Captain Gunderson but had some medical issues soon after he was appointed. When I was on the 2013 Amazon Explorer Captain Gunderson was back at the helm for a couple weeks until Captain Roberts was able to return early from vacation. For much of the time between Captain Andre's illness and Captain Dag's appointment Prinsendam Staff Captains have been filling in on Captain Tim's vacations. (There may have been a brief additional Captain's appointment that I can't remember).

Certainly you will have a priest assigned to your cruise. HAL can't physically stop him from deserting in Rome but I'm sure that has drastic implications for future appointments.

Roy

You pretty much covered it, Roy ;)

There's that larger blue and red float plane which I have not seen for awhile. Webcam cut out again a few moments ago and I have not been on that long.

And the blue and red plane takes off.

Edited by SJSULIBRARIAN

There's that larger blue and red float plane which I have not seen for awhile. Webcam cut out again a few moments ago and I have not been on that long.

Mine cut out also and I did not get the "Are you still watching?" Box. My screen also keeps dropping to the bottom of the page where the map and Twitter feed is.:confused::confused:

It made an appearance last week also. It's a Turbine Otter like the other four-five that you see everyday and that belong to Wings Airlines. This new one is either a new paint job for Wings Airlines, an Otter just recently purchased by Wings and not re-painted yet/or a different company altogether. Me thinks 1 or #2. Trying to get the N-number/registration to verify