175 Ball

SALAD MUNCHER

I have seen on my VP that on the QM2 voyage that meets up with the other two Queens in Liverpool that there is to be a 175 Ball on the first formal night. Does anyone have further info on the dress theme? For example there have been Black & White Balls, Ascot Balls, and Masked Balls, all quite clear on expectations. However 175 Ball ? Help!

I have seen on my VP that on the QM2 voyage that meets up with the other two Queens in Liverpool that there is to be a 175 Ball on the first formal night. Does anyone have further info on the dress theme? For example there have been Black & White Balls, Ascot Balls, and Masked Balls, all quite clear on expectations. However 175 Ball ? Help!

We also have a 175 Ball on the second formal night on the 3rd May voyage. I believe the colour theme is black, red and gold.

It's the ladies who will have to think about this ...for us guys ? ..well I've just found/bought a 'Gold pocket square' which I believe will look just the job with my black Tux.

Not to sure if I'll go for a Red Bow ?.... don't really want to be mistaken for the Bingo Caller. ;)

It's the ladies who will have to think about this ...for us guys ? ..well I've just found/bought a 'Gold pocket square' which I believe will look just the job with my black Tux.

Not to sure if I'll go for a Red Bow ?.... don't really want to be mistaken for the Bingo Caller. ;)

I will opt for a gold bow tie and red pocket square plus my red and black waistcoat :)

We also have a 175 Ball on the second formal night on the 3rd May voyage. I believe the colour theme is black, red and gold.

Anybody on this 3rd May voyage needs to look at their inbox for an email from Cunard about changes to timings in Cobh and Dublin.

I think just a flash of your gold teeth will be fine : Or how about a gold lurex look. If it's good enough for Elton it should be good on the real queens ( ships). :D

Then of course there is the gold on the roll you can buy and make yourselves some spectacular chains. How about hand to feet chains? Buy them with your OBS. You'll have plenty of change. Cheap as chips.:)

Whatever you decide wear it well and have fun, fun, fun. :)

Just jealous as I won't be there. ;)

Edited by maggiemou
add a word

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say that not many people seemed to bother with a colour theme on the Lusitania cruise. Just a few women wearing red dresses and a few men wore a red bow tie. I also saw two women wearing red dresses on the black and white ball night.