Veranda Guarantee option

Dmgmd50

So, we received our room assignments yesterday (exactly 10 days prior to sailing). We booked a Veranda Suite V1 GTY (for $2000 pp LESS than our original V2 cabin) and received a Veranda Suite V2. So our travel agent was right. After reading all the posts above - will we have a partial or full view on our balcony?

So, we received our room assignments yesterday (exactly 10 days prior to sailing). We booked a Veranda Suite V1 GTY (for $2000 pp LESS than our original V2 cabin) and received a Veranda Suite V2. So our travel agent was right. After reading all the posts above - will we have a partial or full view on our balcony?

V2 is on deck 5. Can you confirm your suite is on deck 5? In that case you will have a partial view on the balcony. You'll have seen the link about this category earlier in the thread. For me it's an issue, but for many it's not a problem at all.

For us V2 is our favourite location. We like to go down to breakfast in the MDR every morning, we love to use the Jacuzzi and pool which is easily walkable along the deck, straight along to the Club before dinner which we particularly like doing nightly.....and the half glass balcony....to us it is just fine.

Everyone has their fave decks for many different reasons but for us deck 5 is our favourite.

I think you will be fine.

Have a great vacation.

I don't think the partial view on the balcony will be an issue for us - we have never been on a cruise line with a full glass view so I wouldn't have even know there was such a thing until reading it on here!

We have a win/win choosing the GTY - Our original choice V1 was for suite 502 or 503 - we received midship at $4000 LESS than our original cruise price. Happy!

• 4 weeks later...

We are back - and I understand perfectly why it is important to Ravenscroft to book the full glass view. We sailed the Kiel Canal through Germany and it was beautiful. We did lay in bed, and wish we had the full glass view. Would I have paid $4000 extra for it? No, but if you have the $$ and you are sailing a scenic cruise it may be worth it.

We are back - and I understand perfectly why it is important to Ravenscroft to book the full glass view. We sailed the Kiel Canal through Germany and it was beautiful. We did lay in bed, and wish we had the full glass view. Would I have paid $4000 extra for it? No, but if you have the $$ and you are sailing a scenic cruise it may be worth it.

Otherwise you could always get out of bed to take a look.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes,the V6 category is the slowest seller and is the most often given category for a guarantee which is fine but there are a few suites that you would not want.

Which V6 suites should be avoided? 831 because it is too close to the patio bar and may therefore be noisy? Rooms under the pool area?

Which V6 suites should be avoided? 831 because it is too close to the patio bar and may therefore be noisy? Rooms under the pool area?

Rooms under the patio grill and pool area.

There are a few that are not at risk from noise from above

A quick look at the deck plan will soon see the pitfalls.

Rooms under the patio grill and pool area.

There are a few that are not at risk from noise from above

A quick look at the deck plan will soon see the pitfalls.

Thanks. We wound up in 812 with the $99 upgrade!

A quick recap - we went with the guarantee since it was a total of $4000 LESS for our 12 day cruise ($5999 pp down to $3999 pp). And traded our guaranteed cabin of suite 502 or 503 for the luck of the draw. We ended up with 521....and if you look at the ships layout we were directly next to a bank of elevators. I was a bit worried, at first, thinking we would hear the noise of the elevators -up and down, all day, all night. We didn't hear a sound. NOTHING. The best $4000 I ever saved. I am a sensitive sleeper, and we heard more noise from the cabin next to us (entering and leaving their cabin) than anything else. I would definitely go with a guarantee in the future, especially at that savings.

We booked GTY verandah on both our Seabourn cruises. First time allocated on Deck 9 right behind the bridge with no neighbours - absolute bliss and the captain would wave to us when we were on our balcony when the ship was leaving port. Second time allocated on deck 8 a few cabins in from the pool bar and grill - absolutely fabulous and convenient - pop out for a cocktail or snack, grab the best pool lounge. Wouldn't book any other way with Seabourn!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

From the tone of some of the more curmudgeonly on this thread I'm sure you'll all be pleased to hear, not, that we got a V6 upgrade away from the pool and deck areas and are very happy again that loyalty appears to have paid off. Having another great time on board. Viva the GTY OB booking

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting situation.... I have a V1 GTY for my upcoming cruise next month and was assigned one of the least desirable V1 suites (505). I had no problem with this, as I know the gamble. However my TA questioned SB asking how GTY's are assigned. He assumed that the better GTY's would go to the most loyal passengers (most days), and was told that it would depend on who was working the inventory for any particular cruise. Strangely enough the next day I was reassigned to a V4 on deck 8. Go figure, but thanks to my TA's tenacity! :)

Interesting situation.... I have a V1 GTY for my upcoming cruise next month and was assigned one of the least desirable V1 suites (505). I had no problem with this, as I know the gamble. However my TA questioned SB asking how GTY's are assigned. He assumed that the better GTY's would go to the most loyal passengers (most days), and was told that it would depend on who was working the inventory for any particular cruise. Strangely enough the next day I was reassigned to a V4 on deck 8. Go figure, but thanks to my TA's tenacity! :)[/QUOT
Edited by Capri73

Dan,

How bad is 505? We have only traveled on the Little Sisters.First time on the big ships will be this spring.I have read the balconies are smaller.How much?

I cannot seem to find a picture of the rooms with the smaller balcony.

Thanks

Dan,

How bad is 505? We have only traveled on the Little Sisters.First time on the big ships will be this spring.I have read the balconies are smaller.How much?

I cannot seem to find a picture of the rooms with the smaller balcony.

Thanks

Looking at the ships floor plan, 505 has a smaller balcony due to the curvature of the front of the ship. Also, its far forward so more motion would be felt in rougher seas.