Transportation to Maho Beach from St. Marten Port

FuturzMinion

Yes, just go to the taxi stand at the entrance to the port...Can't remember the cost, but cheap per person. The more people, the cheaper it is... Taxi prices are fixed, so just hop in one and go.

Edited by poison7fl

Busses are $2 per person. The only visual difference between a taxi and bus (they are all small mini-vans) is the license plates. busses say BUS, taxi says TAXI.

For $7 you can buy unlimited ticket to ride the water taxi from the pier to Front Street (main shopping/bar/restaurant drag) then walk one block to Back Street. They sell cheap beer on the water taxi too. A little more adventurous and cheaper overall than just a taxi.

I'm wondering if it is doable to go to Maho Beach for a little while and then maybe take a taxi/bus to the boardwalk. Are they in the same vicinity of each other? We want to check out the planes and all but would then like to go to the Boardwalk for some drinks and lunch.

Thanks.

I'm wondering if it is doable to go to Maho Beach for a little while and then maybe take a taxi/bus to the boardwalk. Are they in the same vicinity of each other? We want to check out the planes and all but would then like to go to the Boardwalk for some drinks and lunch.

Thanks.

About a 20 min bus ride. $2 per person each way by bus.

Thanks.

We left the ship as soon as we were allowed, walked 15 minutes at most to the bus stop area in Philipsburg, and took the Maho Beach bus. We stayed at the beach, maybe 2.5 hours, until a few bigger jets came in, then took the bus back to Philipsburg for some shopping, about 2 hours worth. Just watch your time, like others have said, if you're staying at Maho in the afternoon. Traffic can be very scary...

Edited by ciera123

traffic gets VERY bad in the afternoon BUT when I was there it was also the best time to see the bigger planes coming in. Before lunch time we only seen smaller planes...later in the afternoon just prior to us getting in the taxi to head back we seen some much larger jets coming in.

• 1 year later...

Question. Seeing the bigger planes do not get into to Maho until after noon, what do you all think about taking a cab from the ship to the French side, spending a little time there and then grab a cab to Maho for a bit, then back to the ship. Our ship is in port from 8:00Am- 6:00 PM

Question. Seeing the bigger planes do not get into to Maho until after noon, what do you all think about taking a cab from the ship to the French side, spending a little time there and then grab a cab to Maho for a bit, then back to the ship. Our ship is in port from 8:00Am- 6:00 PM

This is exactly what DH and I want to do, I did some research. It seems you can get shared taxi to Margot for $10pp, then go back to taxi stand in marigot and get taxi to maho for $10pp , then they say?? it's easy to just get cab back to ship or Phillipsburg.

IF I AM MISTAKEN.....I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY CORRECTIONS TO MY ANSWER :) thanks

We were in Orient Beach and Maho beach last week. We were on a shore excursion to both but wanted to stay later to see the Air France flight land. It was very easy to get a cab from Maho to the port but please be advised traffic was a DISASTER. It took an hour and 15 minutes from the time we got in the taxi until we were dropped off at the port. Be sure to leave a lot of time. I believe it cost $8/person for the trip from Maho to the port.

The cab drivers are lined up right at the Sunset Bar (which is where the webcam is at the edge of the runway). There were dozens of them in orange shirts - you can't miss them and they will approach you as well asking if you need a taxi to the port.

• 2 months later...
We are in St. Marten from 12:15 to 8:00 P.M. what would be the best time to get to Maho beach and see the planes and would the traffic back be very heavy around 4:00.

Can you get there by water taxi? Is that faster?

The water taxi only gets you from the cruise port to downtown on the boardwalk. To catch the bus from there head two streets inland, past Front St. to Back St., watch for a mini-van with "Maho" in the window, it's $2/person. Our trip to the beach was non-stop and only made one stop on the way back downtown. For the return trip look for a mini-van with Ph-Burg in the window.