Thomson Majesty bad reviews

Hi,

I am looking to go on holiday with my 6 yr old at the end of March, I love cruising having been on 2 Royal Caribbean cruises (one caribbean and one med). However the recent reviews of Thomson Majesty and the state of the cabins are really putting me off!

Can anyone reassure me? Or should I save up a little longer and go on a different ship.

TIA

Majesty does seem to be a Marmite ship - some don't like it, others love it lol! We have sailed on Majesty twice and loved it both times. The basic cabins are small so book at least a plus - and, after all, how much time do you spend in your cabin? We have done 8 Thomson cruises (Dream 5 times, Majesty twice and Spirit once) and Majesty is our favourite ship up to now.

Just back a week ago when we first boarded the majesty I thought what have we done noisy creaking all night but on awaking the first morning realised we had endured a force 10 from gran canaria to la Palma ,explored ship n thought it's not to bad it was just the bad weather .

On going into breakfast realised as only about a dozen of us in n crockery smashing everywhere ,was entertaining watching other passengers walking around ship.

As the week went on we grew to love the ship n thought hey ho it's not that bad n couldn't understand why Thomsons are getting rid it's better in our opinion than the spirit which we sailed last August n the celebration the year before,we sailed on splendour whilst under Royal Caribbean n found it a great ship so discovery is also better than most of Thomsons fleet ,looking forward to discovery 2 and both the main sheiff ships coming over in the next two years .

All in all Thomsons give in our opinion good value for money with flights ,tips n drinks included.

Yes there are better ships out in the field but honestly wouldn't slam Thomsons for their overall package.

We've sailed p&o,Royal Caribbean,princess and msc and can only say we've never hated any ,either we re easily pleased or don't look for faults.

Enjoy !

Just back a week ago when we first boarded the majesty I thought what have we done noisy creaking all night but on awaking the first morning realised we had endured a force 10 from gran canaria to la Palma ,explored ship n thought it's not to bad it was just the bad weather .

On going into breakfast realised as only about a dozen of us in n crockery smashing everywhere ,was entertaining watching other passengers walking around ship.

As the week went on we grew to love the ship n thought hey ho it's not that bad n couldn't understand why Thomsons are getting rid it's better in our opinion than the spirit which we sailed last August n the celebration the year before,we sailed on splendour whilst under Royal Caribbean n found it a great ship so discovery is also better than most of Thomsons fleet ,looking forward to discovery 2 and both the main sheiff ships coming over in the next two years .

All in all Thomsons give in our opinion good value for money with flights ,tips n drinks included.

Yes there are better ships out in the field but honestly wouldn't slam Thomsons for their overall package.

We've sailed p&o,Royal Caribbean,princess and msc and can only say we've never hated any ,either we re easily pleased or don't look for faults.

Enjoy !

Thomsons are getting rid of the majesty and spirit because they are leased from louis cruises and this ends at the end of the summer season,the majesty actually gets the worse reviews of the fleet,the spirit got the best scores last year,been on majesty once but never again for us like they say a marmite ship