Should i book Arcadia Baltic excursions?

crick118

We are going on Arcadia Aug 10 and was wondering if we need to book their trips or can we 'do our own thing'? We'll be docked at Copenhagen,Tallin,Oslo,Stockholm,Helsinki and Kristiansand. Any advice or info appreciated. We've already booked Alla tour for St Petersburg! Thanks Karen

Hi Crick. We did this cruise a couple of years ago, loved it all. We also prefer to do things by ourselves. Where you dock in Copenhagen is a bit of slep to walk, a mistake we made, but there is a local bus stop quite near the dock which will take you into the centre of things. We did actually do a tour in Oslo because there was something special we wanted to see. Stockholm it's easy to get a bus provided by P & O into the town and we then did a hop on hop off bus which was great. Tallin is a breeze, there is a P & O transfer bus which takes you right to Tallin Old Town which I have to say one was of my favourite places, old and beautiful town and if you have the energy climb up the hill to get the beautiful vista that you see on all the postcards. Have a wonderful trip, certainly one of my favourite cruises.

Hi,

You may want to do a ship's tour in Kristiansand as the town itself is not that big with just a few blocks of older wooden houses. It may have been the time of day/year (late May) but it was very quiet and seemed closed for the morning. There were some nice shops away from the seafront but the art gallery in the fortress was closed.You may be better off going to the Vest Agder outdoor museum with the old houses from all over the area which have been moved and rebuilt all together. I haven't done this trip but having easily seen the town in about one hour's stroll it might mean you can make the visit a bit more of an event! Most folk were back on the boat within an hour or two!

Otherwise, the other ports are easy to manage on your own using the HOHO buses etc.

Have a great time!

Sarah

Cruise passengers whose stay in St. Petersburg is no longer than 3 days can enjoy shore excursions without having to obtain a Russian visa. It's easy to book our standard and exclusive St. Petersburg shore trips online with secure payment options at competitive prices. Choose group, private or custom shore excursions and make the most of your Baltic cruise.

Archived