Seattle & Vancouver???

We are taking a 7 day Princess cruise to Alaska out of Vancouver..We are flying 3 days before cruise and are debating on flying into Seattle from LAX, staying 1 night then driving up to Vancouver. Is this too much? Should we just fly to Vancouver? Never been to either city, kids are 9 & 12. We love nature, hiking and exploring cities.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We debated the same thing on our last trip. We eventually decided to just keep it simple and do Vancouver. Lovely city with gorgeous scenery. We went to the Capalino Bridge went back to downtown and found some good eats. Train system is very clean and easy and we booked an airbnb right next to a station on the Canada Line so we could zoom to the Airport and the Cruise Port. No need for taxis if you are comfortable enough. Easy for our family of 4 to handle. We rented bicycles and biked around Stanley Park. My mother (Huge Cyclist and Triathlete) got a kick out of it! Definitely taking a trip back to Vancouver.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thoughts....

• there are savings flying into Seattle... but the bus, train, or one way car rental will eat into the savings.
  • when do you plan to land? Google Maps reports 3hrs from SeaTac to cruise terminal. However depending on when you are crossing.... that travel time can double on weekends... especially on those long weekends.
  • there's is lots to do in Vancouver to fill those three days.
  • I recommend flying into Vancouver direct, but bus to Seattle post-cruise and fly out from there.

kids are 9 & 12. We love nature, hiking and exploring cities.
Lots of activities to fill those interests. Here's some vids for planning. Free shuttles to Cap and Grouse from the cruise terminal!

[YOUTUBE]rx-ClLHK3Yg[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]RJZcYalXkPg[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]pJdkKFNLYOE[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]vIvtsz1b60Q[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]mts7OLICNs0[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]EvH_ROLyUZQ[/YOUTUBE]

Some ideas for a 3 day pre-cruise.....

Day 1: Afternoon arrival... evening stop at Fly Over Canada?

Day 2: Grouse, Capilano, and evening walk around downtown

Day 3: Hop On Shuttle with emphasis on Stanley Park, Granville Island and Gastown

Day 4: Whistler? Victoria? Seattle?

BTW.... in August expect sunlight until 9pm.

We are taking a 7 day Princess cruise to Alaska out of Vancouver..We are flying 3 days before cruise and are debating on flying into Seattle from LAX, staying 1 night then driving up to Vancouver. Is this too much? Should we just fly to Vancouver? Never been to either city, kids are 9 & 12. We love nature, hiking and exploring cities.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Go straight to Vancouver. Any savings flying into SEA vs YVR will beat eaten up by the transfer between the two. Note that Westjet fly non-stop SNA/Orange County to YVR.

Just a note, the savings exist because you're comparing an international flight with a domestic.