Give me one good idea!

wassup4565

I love new places, and I find that every island is different and interesting. However, I didn't find much to like in Grenada, and I'm considering that maybe we should just enjoy the day on the ship mostly.

Last time, we took the water taxi to Grande Anse with one companion who needed a walker. At the beach, she couldn't go far, so we found a spot and rented some beach chairs, where the proprietor promptly tried to upsell us, $5 at a time, for cushions, an umbrella and a tiny table. Nice. The bathroom he promised we could use turned out to be located in the back of a billiard establishment about 150 yards away. Nice.

Some "professional" women displayed themselves on the beach in front of us while we were there. Nice. On the way back in the water taxi, it began to rain and blow a lot. The water taxi men covered themselves with sheets of plastic, but had not a care or a yard of plastic for their passengers. Nice.

My dripping companions went right back to the ship, but I did explore the market near the ship and bought some amazing spices, including a delicious curry powder, best I've ever tasted - that was nice.

I've also read accounts here that you have to be stern with Grenada taxi drivers to avoid being ripped off. And that Grenada is mostly closed for business on Sunday (which is the day we will be there).

So I will get off the ship and buy more spices, and a LOT of curry powder, if I can. But if I don't come up with a better idea in six weeks, I'll get right back on the ship.

Am I missing out on something great?

I love new places, and I find that every island is different and interesting. However, I didn't find much to like in Grenada, and I'm considering that maybe we should just enjoy the day on the ship mostly.

Last time, we took the water taxi to Grande Anse with one companion who needed a walker. At the beach, she couldn't go far, so we found a spot and rented some beach chairs, where the proprietor promptly tried to upsell us, $5 at a time, for cushions, an umbrella and a tiny table. Nice. The bathroom he promised we could use turned out to be located in the back of a billiard establishment about 150 yards away. Nice.

Some "professional" women displayed themselves on the beach in front of us while we were there. Nice. On the way back in the water taxi, it began to rain and blow a lot. The water taxi men covered themselves with sheets of plastic, but had not a care or a yard of plastic for their passengers. Nice.

My dripping companions went right back to the ship, but I did explore the market near the ship and bought some amazing spices, including a delicious curry powder, best I've ever tasted - that was nice.

I've also read accounts here that you have to be stern with Grenada taxi drivers to avoid being ripped off. And that Grenada is mostly closed for business on Sunday (which is the day we will be there).

So I will get off the ship and buy more spices, and a LOT of curry powder, if I can. But if I don't come up with a better idea in six weeks, I'll get right back on the ship.

Am I missing out on something great?

You're missing the famous Sunday Lunch BBQ at the Aquarium Beach Restaurant. It's ON the beach. Great sea views? Best make a reservation well in advance.

Taxi $15/20.00 each way.

As you are dining, there are sun loungers to rent, available before and after BBQ.

Fabulous food and excellent value. Total for the day was only $140.00 :). This included taxis, BBQ, drinks, sun loungers, tips etc for two adults.

Thank you, that is a very good suggestion. I'll have to look at the budget. Our Canadian dollar is now worth about three-quarters of a US dollar, so for us this day would cost about 25 per cent more, but it does look fabulous!

Make it a celebration of, a highlight, a special treat, or just a pampering of your partner. ;)

You have an opportunity (on a Sunday) to do it just once. Who knows when the chance will come round again. :)

Sorry, forgot to mention, they also have a an excellent live Caribbean Band. :D

You know what? You're probably right. In my experience, I have regretted the things I didn't do a lot more than the ones I did (well, actually, like Edith Piaf, I regret "rien" about the things I did do.)

It's only about $60 or $70 more than I'd rather spend and sometimes cheaping out is no bargain. Plus, a Caribbean band, live? Come on.... You convinced me, thank you.

Plus it's my birthday two weeks previously, so it's actually my birthday month, right? I'm not even going to look at the prices on the menu, hells to the no!

Thanks, friend. Great suggestion, and a great pep talk.

You know what? You're probably right. In my experience, I have regretted the things I didn't do a lot more than the ones I did (well, actually, like Edith Piaf, I regret "rien" about the things I did do.)

It's only about $60 or $70 more than I'd rather spend and sometimes cheaping out is no bargain. Plus, a Caribbean band, live? Come on.... You convinced me, thank you.

Plus it's my birthday two weeks previously, so it's actually my birthday month, right? I'm not even going to look at the prices on the menu, hells to the no!

Thanks, friend. Great suggestion, and a great pep talk.

If you do glance at the menu, the prices are in Eastern Caribbean Dollars -

There are 2.70 ECD to 1 USD -

Don't forget to book in adbpvance

Have a great day