Captain Bob's Tour vs Island Marketing Tour

dpola

Have been looking into joining Captain Bob on a tour in March but upon looking at Island Marketing's offerings I noticed some similarities in the two. Even the boats in the pictures for both seem the same so I am curious if this is actually Captain Bob's tour sold through a different site. Has anyone booked through island marketing to offer insight if they are the same? here is the link.. http://stmaartencruiseexcursions.com/StMaartenSnorkelingBeach.htm

Our day with Captain Bob was so enjoyable we would do it again. The boats pictured in your link are similar but Bob's aren't painted like those. The description sounds like you would get the same itinerary we had with Bob. It's a beautiful island so enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do not know for sure, but I think Bob used to have a boat painted exactly same as what is shown on the Island Marketing site - plus, the Island Marketing Sensation tour sounds exactly like Bob's. The price of $99 on the Island Marketing site is cheaper than the price shown on Bob's website. What you can do is Email Bob at bcass1111@gmail.com and just ask him - see if he will match Island Marketing price if you book directly with him.

I had tried emailing island marketing to see who runs their excursion but unfortunately the only response i received was that it was sold out for that day we will be in port. We will be booking with Capt. Bob now after reading some of the fantastic reviews!

• 4 weeks later...

If you have any disability, I would hesitate using Captain Bobs. Their were two of us and it was difficult to get off the boat and back on. The ride itself was very bumpy. If you have back or joint problems I would suggest looking elsewhere.

If you are healthy- ENJOY

One question about getting on and off the boats I have not seen addressed: when you START the excursion, are you picked up at a dock/pier? Or do you have to swim to the boat? :eek: Thinking of stuff I have to bring, camera, sunscreen, etc. Also, do they provide towels or do I bring my own? TIA.

We've never done the Capt Bobs tour but have had great experiences with Island Marketing in a few ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you tell me more about this? I have been researching Capt. Bob. I have a few threads/posts floating out there about this, so a bit of background: I am a good swimmer, but don't really care too much for it lol. Have never snorkeled but would love to, but also don't see me starting now! :eek:We did Spencer Ambrose in St. Lucia which was the BEST excursion we have EVER done. It is similar to these 2 excursions but we DOCKED vs. having to swim to shore. I am close to booking with Capt. Bob, but would like to learn more about this other excursion. Sounds very similar and since we are not really going to take advantage of much of the swimming (I guess we will just hang out on the boat and be the lifeguards lol) I would maybe go with cheaper price. Would also like to see as many beaches as posssible. TIA.

You do start at the port and don't have to swim then. And yes, you could stay on the boat at the various snorkeling stops. But, at the first beach they take you to, you have to get out in the water and wade to shore. Most folks could easily touch bottom, but it's bout chest deep water. This is the beach where the iguana farm is, so if you stayed on the boat, you would miss it. Then, for lunch, you do have to swim to shore. It's a very short distance before you touch bottom, but yes, you have to swim a few feet. We brought a waterproof bag to carry and it came in very handy for our camera and wallet, as well as a dry coverup to wear.

There are many many detailed reviews on trip advisor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

you do start at the port and don't have to swim then. And yes, you could stay on the boat at the various snorkeling stops. But, at the first beach they take you to, you have to get out in the water and wade to shore. Most folks could easily touch bottom, but it's bout chest deep water. This is the beach where the iguana farm is, so if you stayed on the boat, you would miss it. Then, for lunch, you do have to swim to shore. It's a very short distance before you touch bottom, but yes, you have to swim a few feet. We brought a waterproof bag to carry and it came in very handy for our camera and wallet, as well as a dry coverup to wear.

There are many many detailed reviews on trip advisor.

Sent from my ipad using forums mobile app

thank you! :)

• 4 months later...