San Juan Airport - Luggage?

Darcy03231

DH has heard (don't know where) that the San Juan airport is the worst for losing luggage. He now wants to do only carry-on (which, for a seven day cruise with a one night pre-cruise stay is a PITA). We have a non-stop AA flight from Boston to San Juan and are flying in the day before our cruise. I think it would be pretty hard to lose our luggage on a non-stop flight, and, even if a bag was misplaced, we don't cruise until the following day so there would be time to get it to us. Has anyone had any problems getting their luggage when flying into San Juan?

Your DH , heard wrong, San Juan is not the worst if anything it is the best and if you are on a non-stop flight , that`s even better.

During the high season there are 4 homeport ships for a about 10,000 people getting off and 10,000 getting on. San Juan hardly hears about lost baggage

It's not lost luggage that is San Juan's problem. It is just a crowded, busy airport, known for really long lines. Especially since you are coming in a day pre-cruise and on a non-stop, I would not worry about lost luggage.

DH has heard (don't know where) that the San Juan airport is the worst for losing luggage. He now wants to do only carry-on (which, for a seven day cruise with a one night pre-cruise stay is a PITA). We have a non-stop AA flight from Boston to San Juan and are flying in the day before our cruise. I think it would be pretty hard to lose our luggage on a non-stop flight, and, even if a bag was misplaced, we don't cruise until the following day so there would be time to get it to us. Has anyone had any problems getting their luggage when flying into San Juan?

Hi Darcy03231, I have flown to SJU twice from BOS on the direct flight(AA) and had no problems with luggage. The airport is very busy and taxi lines are long.

• 5 weeks later...

We have flown in and out of San Juan and have not lost luggage. We always book direct flights. The taxi lines are not that bad as the trick there is to get a porter who will assist you in securing a taxi quickly. (You still have to go to the window to get your voucher and fare) We found that the airport on a saturday is not that busy. We usually fly Continental.

You will have no problem with your luggage coming on a direct flight from Boston. I take that route all the time and never have happened!! and now with security measures with carry-on, it will be a nightmare carrying everything w/you on the plane.

Actually - if it makes on your plane from your hometown you will be just fine......... they check baggage tickets before you are let out of the San Juan airport..... no one leaves with the wrong luggage !!!! So hang on to your baggage claim tickets.

I travel alot so I went one step further and bought a three piece set that is tan background with green palm trees on it..... no one else has my luggage !!!!! Makes it real easy to spot too.

Archived