Celebrity with Toddlers

DkswartzFamily

We typically sail Royal, but the itinerary we are looking at for South America is Celebrity only. Has anyone sailed celebrity with a toddler? Are their programs similar to Royal? (Daily toddler time with parents, a play room open all day that require parents to go with them, toys available for check out etc)

For children under 3, they did have the toddler room for use with parent supervision, but (at least on our Silhouette cruise), it was not available all day. The times could vary, but it was generally something like 9-12 and 2-4 daily. They did allow you to check out toys and books for use in your cabin. In-cabin babysitting is available for $19/hour.

As much as we love Celebrity, and had no issues with the toddler services that were available, we've decided that we might be happier on other cruise lines that offer a bit more, at least until our daughter is over 3 and can participate in the regular kids club program.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For children under 3, they did have the toddler room for use with parent supervision, but (at least on our Silhouette cruise), it was not available all day. The times could vary, but it was generally something like 9-12 and 2-4 daily. They did allow you to check out toys and books for use in your cabin. In-cabin babysitting is available for $19/hour.

As much as we love Celebrity, and had no issues with the toddler services that were available, we've decided that we might be happier on other cruise lines that offer a bit more, at least until our daughter is over 3 and can participate in the regular kids club program.

This is soooo helpful! Thanks! I am super glad they have a room, but sad to hear its only available a few hours a day. If that were available all day it would have been so nice!!! It is tough with a kiddo under 3 for sure! Oasis class has really spoiled us with their toddler amenities! Thanks for the info!

This is soooo helpful! Thanks! I am super glad they have a room, but sad to hear its only available a few hours a day. If that were available all day it would have been so nice!!! It is tough with a kiddo under 3 for sure! Oasis class has really spoiled us with their toddler amenities! Thanks for the info!

I hope there's a chance that they will extend the toddler hours based on the cruise, since ours was very port intensive (Northern Europe), and South America has more sea days. We did the FLL- Valparaiso repo cruise before kids, are you doing a Cape Horn B2B? The facilities on Infinity may be laid out differently than on the S-class ships. We were told by a staff member that the reason for the limited hours was because they were using the toddler area for activities with other age groups.

I'd love to take her on Oasis, we hated it as a couple but now as a parent I see there was so much for kids to do, and I think it would be great!

Edited by emo

I hope there's a chance that they will extend the toddler hours based on the cruise, since ours was very port intensive (Northern Europe), and South America has more sea days. We did the FLL- Valparaiso repo cruise before kids, are you doing a Cape Horn B2B? The facilities on Infinity may be laid out differently than on the S-class ships. We were told by a staff member that the reason for the limited hours was because they were using the toddler area for activities with other age groups.

I'd love to take her on Oasis, we hated it as a couple but now as a parent I see there was so much for kids to do, and I think it would be great!

Yes- s.america b2b with Antarctica- we are so excited! It is on infinity and I am also hoping with all the sea days they open it up longer! Oasis is amazing for kids- especially toddlers with their dedicated indoor toddler playground - its incredible! Thanks for the info!

Edited by DkswartzFamily