Fire on the Allure

Just got this text from my cousin who is on the Allure of the Seas (4/20/12 9:50PM)

My cousin is on the Allure right now. Just got this text:

Fire on board - All is fine but it was panic on the ship - emergency sirens - lockdown on the floors - PA announcements every few mins.

Black smoke billowing out of the top stacks - we had to change direction for a bit to make the smoke not come into the ship (although we could smell it!)

More info as I get it...

I received the following @ 20:34 EST from my parents on board this sailing:

Please keep your e-ears open for any info. We have a fire in the number 2 engine room (This is not a drill). We have turned around to facilitate smoke removal and the fire is reportedly under control. We can smell the strong odor of an electical fire all the way up here on deck 14.

Will check email later tonight.

More later...

...love dad and mom

.....hopefully............:o

Yea, real hopefully. This is supposed to be our honeymoon, which we delayed when we got married last September. Let's just say I am going to lose it if I don't get this vacation!

Yea, real hopefully. This is supposed to be our honeymoon, which we delayed when we got married last September. Let's just say I am going to lose it if I don't get this vacation!

Congrats on getting married.......I really hope it all works out,:)

Uh-oh.... looks like someone finally managed to smuggle an iron on board :cool:

In all seriousness, we first pray that everyone is ok and uninjured and next that the grand Ms. Allure comes through this with extremely minor damage and that those who are currently cruising get to complete their cruise with little more interruption :(

Uh-oh.... looks like someone finally managed to smuggle an iron on board :cool:

In all seriousness, we first pray that everyone is ok and uninjured and next that the grand Ms. Allure comes through this with extremely minor damage and that those who are currently cruising get to complete their cruise with little more interruption :(

Amen :)

As happy as I am that no one is hurt, this really sucks! How long could this take to repair? :mad:

No idea especially on a ship that big. But with the advancements in technology nowadays I doubt she will be down for an extended period of time

Congrats on getting married.......I really hope it all works out,:)

Thanks!

Glad everyone seems to be ok on board. I'm hoping for the best outcome, and everyone getting back to port safely with no other problems.

We are scheduled to fly from Atlantic City at 12:40 PM tomorrow (sat) to Ft. Lauderdale for this Sunday departure. Hope we hear something whether to go or not. Captain Johnny Faevelen is scheduled to be there. He is very experienced and a real professional. The passengers and crew are in good hands.

Archived