When is American Xmas break?

AandBmom

We're looking at cruising the first week of January. Anyone have experience cruising around then. It's Canadian school break. Is it the US break too? Does that ship handle lots of kids well? Thoughts? We have 4 little ones ourselves.

We're looking at cruising the first week of January. Anyone have experience cruising around then. It's Canadian school break. Is it the US break too? Does that ship handle lots of kids well? Thoughts? We have 4 little ones ourselves.

Most of our schools here in the US will be back in school by the 2nd week of January...However I would tend to think that they will be getting ready for school the first week (and not on a cruise) or at least my son assumes his students will be. ;)

Which ship?

I'll have 3 kids in 3 different school systems this coming year. Two in Ontario universities and one in US K-12. One of the university students and the US school student go back on January 9 and one of the university students goes back on January 4.

There are a lot of international students on cruise ships, so it's not just US and Canadian school schedules that are a factor. IME, there will still be plenty of kids on a cruise that time of year.

Depends on the school district. The Los Angeles Unified School District (the second largest in the country) used to return around Jan 2 or 3 when I was in school years ago. Now it's usually the second week of January.

Colleges do vary from the first week through the third week of January.

I teach at a charter in Philadelphia and we do not go back until 1/9 this year. I am debating trying to squeeze in a quick get away to somewhere either alone or with some friends! The rest of the schools in the area go back on 1/3.