Celebrity Silhouette with two teenagers

lbh11

Did I just make a mistake by booking a spring break cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette with two teenagers?

I'm booked on the Silhouette for our Spring Break on March 10. My 2 DD's are 16 and 12. To me, it's all about expectations. Are your teens expecting an ice skating rink, flowrider or rock climbing wall? If so, they will be disappointed. But our teen DD has enjoyed the teen activities. She likes stuff like pool parties, teen disco, foosball, mocktail making parties, etc. She says that her enjoyment of the cruise depends a lot more on hitting it off with other teens onboard than it does on the activities themselves. There will be plenty of fellow teens onboard a Spring Break cruise.

When is your cruise?

We're on the cruise on the 24th of March. I have a 13 yo boy who's very social and a not so social 15 yr old girl who's much more shy. I knew there were a lot more activities on the RCL but I also didn't want to be at sea for 3 days so chose this one instead. It'll be the first cruise for the kids.

No you did not make a mistake.

Your kids will love the cruise. My son's favorite cruise line is Celebrity (he is 12) and he begs to go back on Celebrity. We just did RC and he said the teen program is better on Celebrity.

Try Qsine and Bistro of Five- my son loved both of those restaurants.

Thanks I needed to hear that. I think we'll have friends who were going to travel with us now go on RCL so I'm afraid the kids will never hear the end of how good the activities are on RCL and will just complain about what I chose.

We went on the Mariner of the Seas when our older DD was 13. I wouldn't say there are more frequent activities on Royal. The main difference was that they have the option to schedule events at the rock climbing wall, etc. Celebrity ships don't have those features, but they keep the teens busy with plenty of other activities. It really helps to have your teens go on the first night, when there will be "ice breaker" type activities.

If this is their first cruise, think about setting guidelines for them. Our main ones are never go in someone else's cabin, never invite someone into our cabin, never accept a beverage from anyone other than a uniformed crew member, and walk away from trouble. Also tell them what they can and cannot charge to their Seapass cards. You'll have a great time and so will they.

thanks for the advice. I just made the reservation and did it fairly quickly. my husband and i got the drink package. do the kids pay for everything they order? All sodas etc? Is there any way to get a hold of kids while they may be off somewhere else?

They do charge for sodas, so your kids will have to use their Seapass cards and sign for them. I'm not very familiar with the beverage packages on Celebrity, so I don't know whether it makes sense to get one for the kids.

Here's a whole thread about keeping track of your teens onboard: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1744326

Archived