Aft suite on the Voyager

I know not everyone will agree with me on this one but my daughter and I had absolutely no problem with the Voyager aft cabin. You definitely feel the vibration but it didn't bother us and just rocked us to sleep every night. I would have no problem booking an aft cabin in the future but that's my opinion.

Opinions from CC passengers that have stayed in Aft suites on the Voyager. Is the vibration really bothersome? Would it be bad enough for you to choose another suite on a future cruise? Or would you take the Aft again?

You are going to get a lot of conflicting answers to your question. We love the aft suites on the Voyager. We were in one for 60 days on 4 parts of the 2011 World Cruise. We would not hesitate at all to book another aft suite. We loved sitting out on our balcony and being able to see everything!

Karen

We were on the Voyager last year from Sydney to Singapore and were in 976, a "Horizon Suite." The views were great. We loved it. I am very sensitive to noise and there was none. But, yes, it did vibrate. Think "magic fingers" in the bed. Glassware on the shelf would make quite a jingle so we made sure nothing touched anything else. That being said, we would book that room again in a heart beat.

We would not book an aft suite on the Voyager because it is impossible to know whether the vibration/noise will bother you or not and whether the vibration will be minimal or pronounced. Last year we sailed with a couple that had been in an aft suite for 3-4 months. Not sure what deck they were on but said that it felt and sounded like they were lying on the engine. They did eventually get used to it. I'm not sure why anyone would risk it..... but that is just my opinion.

We have spent a couple of months in the aft horizon suites on Voyager. The vibration was not a issue for us. Just sounded like you would think a ship would sound. It might bother some people but we never focused on it, and were never bothered by it. We love(d) the view and have another month booked next year in a Horizon Suite. Just my opinion...

We, too, loved the aft suites on Voyager. Occasional vibration which, as others have said, reminded us of the "Magic Fingers" beds, didn't bother us and we have rebooked in them. However, I do know one individual, whose Transatlantic cruise, he said, was spoilt because of vibration. That said, he was moved to another suite and found fault with that also.

We were in 881 last October. I loved this suite but my husband had difficulty sleeping due to the vibration. I think it would be wise to evaluate how we'll you sleep at home. My husband has always been a difficult sleeper - I'm not. The vibration bothered him - not me. I loved, loved, loved the large balcony and the sweeping views. I'd book the same room again, but we decided to book mid ship for the next cruise. Hope this helps.

We were booked in 783 (PH C) from Istanbul-Luxor on Voyager this fall and the vibration and noise were overwhelming. Yes, we are both light sleepers. First thing in the morning, I requested a different cabin and we were graciously accommodated, happily completing our cruise midship in 738. There was at least one other couple from the same original location who also made a move. Perhaps this is just a problem on Deck 7?

We were on the Voyager last year from Sydney to Singapore and were in 976, a "Horizon Suite." The views were great. We loved it. I am very sensitive to noise and there was none. But, yes, it did vibrate. Think "magic fingers" in the bed. Glassware on the shelf would make quite a jingle so we made sure nothing touched anything else. That being said, we would book that room again in a heart beat.
:) We were in an aft suite 4 years ago when our normal was not available. I echo the first three responders. I was not even aware that any problem existed..

:) We were in an aft suite 4 years ago when our normal was not available. I echo the first three responders. I was not even aware that any problem existed..

Now that I think back to our cruise, neither of us was aware of an aft vibration issue prior to sailing. Maybe ignorance is bliss :confused:

Enjoy your cruise!

Patty

Glad to see the Consensus is in favor of no problems with the vibration, we are set for our trip to Sydney on the 19th. We will be in 674 and looking forward to a drink on our veranda. We leave on the 24th for our Sydney to Singapore cruise.

Jim:):)

Glad to see the Consensus is in favor of no problems with the vibration, we are set for our trip to Sydney on the 19th. We will be in 674 and looking forward to a drink on our veranda. We leave on the 24th for our Sydney to Singapore cruise.

Hope you have a wonderful time,busdriver475. Do please let us know how you are getting on. We thirst for knowledge and opinions on this board. :)

:D Jim, does "Busdriver475" relate to piloting aircraft?....Come visit and we can have drink in the "O" lounge or on our Veranda in 919.....Rob&Teddy....:cool: PS, We arrive in Sydney the morning of the 23rd. and did you notice that our documents show Voyager at pier 5 in Darlington harbor and not tied up alongside at the Circle Quay as usual?...We will get to sail under the bridge for the first time....Rob

Hope you have a wonderful time,busdriver475. Do please let us know how you are getting on. We thirst for knowledge and opinions on this board. :)
...Tom, when is your next cruise?....Hope things are well with you two vagabonds....Rob Roy

...Tom, when is your next cruise?....Hope things are well with you two vagabonds....Rob Roy

Hi, Rob. Good to hear that you are off soon. I feel quite envious of that itinerary. We are doing the Transatlantic on Mariner in a few weeks time. Our roll call has thrown up quite a few interesting names.

Best wishes, Tom.

:D Jim, does "Busdriver475" relate to piloting aircraft?....Come visit and we can have drink in the "O" lounge or on our Veranda in 919.....Rob&Teddy....:cool: PS, We arrive in Sydney the morning of the 23rd. and did you notice that our documents show Voyager at pier 5 in Darlington harbor and not tied up alongside at the Circle Quay as usual?...We will get to sail under the bridge for the first time....Rob

Thanks for the heads up I really didn't pay attention to the dock. As far as my CC name I have used it for quite awhile but I picked it up driving a school bus for Head Start as my semi retirement job. It actually turned out to be one of the best jobs ever. OK on the meet but don't forget we have the Meet & Greet scheduled for 11 am on the 25th in the O Lounge, but nothing wrong with an early start.

Archived