Viking Welcome Back Gift

roberts2005

Rec'd our gifts today. We rec'd the email about 3 weeks ago. Both my husband aand I each got to select a gift. We selected the travel bag and the travel blanket. The travel bag is very substantial. It has a design of a windmill on it, which is nice for me as it is a pleasant reminder of our first river cruise, the 'Tulips & Windmlls'. The bag is a good size for shoes or other travel gear And has a drawstring.

The blanket comes in a nice zipper case and is a nice size and is a substansial weight, with a whip-stitch finish. It's very nice for airline or car travel.

Thank you, Viking!

Becki

Dear rcaruso,

Thank you for your loyalty to Viking Cruises. The gift program you’ve referenced was launched in 2015 as an exciting addition to our Viking Explorer Society loyalty program. Since the program began this year, you will receive the email in question prior to your next cruise.

We appreciate the opportunity to clarify and look forward to welcoming you aboard again soon!

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Warm regards,

Viking Cruises

Well we just booked our 7th Viking cruise, no e mail about welcome back gift. Interesting.

Having an early Christmas morning and what should appear but the mailman with two bright red Viking blankets. They are very nice and come in a matching zipper bag that makes it look like a pillow. Anxious to try on our next flight for a 7th trip with Viking in 2016.

Merry Christmas to all.

Dear rcaruso,

Thank you for your loyalty to Viking Cruises. The gift program you’ve referenced was launched in 2015 as an exciting addition to our Viking Explorer Society loyalty program. Since the program began this year, you will receive the email in question prior to your next cruise.

We appreciate the opportunity to clarify and look forward to welcoming you aboard again soon!

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Warm regards,

Viking Cruises

We have 4 Viking cruises under our belt, the last two being Oct 2014 and then April 2015! Wonder how many people take 2 river cruises within 6 months of each other? Never received an email regarding a loyalty gift program. Do I need to book 3 cruises within 6 months to qualify???:rolleyes:;)

Edited by CJcruzer

Dear Carol,

Thank you for reaching out! We are happy to clarify our new program as it relates to your cruise history.

Our past guest gift program made its debut this season, 2015. Therefore, your April 2015 cruise counts as your first cruise under the new program. You will receive the email in question prior to your next cruise with us.

Carol, we truly appreciate your loyalty to Viking and hope we have successfully cleared up any misunderstanding. Should you wish to discuss further, you are welcome to contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

We have 4 Viking cruises under our belt, the last two being Oct 2014 and then April 2015! Wonder how many people take 2 river cruises within 6 months of each other? Never received an email regarding a loyalty gift program. Do I need to book 3 cruises within 6 months to qualify???:rolleyes:;)

Dear roberts2005 and franski,

Our loyalty program, Viking Explorer Society, underwent an exciting renovation during the majority of the 2015 season. The program is now complete and email notifications that detail your gifts are just starting to roll out. We expect that all guests who traveled this year will receive an email by the end of November.

Thank you for your patience during this construction period. If you still do not receive an email by the end of November, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Quote:

well I understand the rules, but your previous post in response to other wueries say that we would be contacted by end of November?

I would not even know about this program if not for cruise critic :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

We received two very nice packing cubes - thank you Viking! Since we sailed two back to back trips this year, now I understand how this all works after reading this thread (as we had previously sailed on Viking prior to this year).

We will put them to good use prior to our next Viking trip as well as during!

Sounds like the blankets are a great choice as well.

We appreciate the program Viking.

• 1 year later...

We have traveled with Viking two times. We love Viking!! We did an Ocean cruise and a river cruise! We did receive lovely gifts after each trip! We were very appreciative. We are ready to go on another Viking River cruise on the Rhine! The grand European tour. We are very excited!! Cheers to Viking!! :cool::D

• 2 weeks later...

I received the email from Viking and selected a power cube which I received several weeks later. I have already used it several times and plan on taking it on my Viking cruise in November. Thank you Viking! I look forward to more cruises with Viking River and plan on taking a Viking Ocean as soon as we can work it in our schedule.

I was sent the pillow/blanket that I keep in my car, then I received two clothing cubes , which I love, you can fit so much in them. Then I received the three little bags, which are great for putting soaks or stockings into. It's fun to receive these little gifts, thanks