Cruising single

cruise_girl2002

I have cruised 17 times, but have been with my brother or somebody else. This is my first time im even considering going solo. Im flying to fort myers to surprise my grandma, and while I was in florida, I thought, heck, may as well squeeze in a cruise since the prices are unbelievably low for singles!! (thanks carnival!!) I was telling my friend about this and she said I should go, I make friends very easily. I'm just worried about dinner. If nobody else shows up, am I going to look dumb sitting there by myself? weird thing is, I have no problem eating in the lido area or in a restaurant on land on my own, its just something about the mdr, being alone that has me, iffy.

Try the Solo Cruisers section instead of this one for Singles. This forum is based around Singles looking for info on meeting potential romantic partners. Lots of good info on cruising solo in the other section though. I'm doing my first solo cruise in Nov...can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
I have cruised 17 times, but have been with my brother or somebody else. This is my first time im even considering going solo. Im flying to fort myers to surprise my grandma, and while I was in florida, I thought, heck, may as well squeeze in a cruise since the prices are unbelievably low for singles!! (thanks carnival!!) I was telling my friend about this and she said I should go, I make friends very easily. I'm just worried about dinner. If nobody else shows up, am I going to look dumb sitting there by myself? weird thing is, I have no problem eating in the lido area or in a restaurant on land on my own, its just something about the mdr, being alone that has me, iffy.

How do you feel sitting on your own at a table for two? If you feel more comfortable in a small table on your own, you can always request it. But if you prefer a big table then of course there is a possibility that people may not show up, that is if you are in assigned seating and time(meaning you always sit at the same table). Another thing that you can do is ask for anytime dinning and then when you go eat, you just ask to sit at a large table, that way you will always have people at your table(guaranteed).

How do you feel sitting on your own at a table for two? If you feel more comfortable in a small table on your own, you can always request it. But if you prefer a big table then of course there is a possibility that people may not show up, that is if you are in assigned seating and time(meaning you always sit at the same table). Another thing that you can do is ask for anytime dinning and then when you go eat, you just ask to sit at a large table, that way you will always have people at your table(guaranteed).

I just came back from the Splendor to Canada, first cruise by my self, did 6PM MDR and was given a large table, people changed for the first few nights but it all worked out, especially when its up to you on how much or little you want to talk and to whom

I just came back from the Splendor to Canada, first cruise by my self, did 6PM MDR and was given a large table, people changed for the first few nights but it all worked out, especially when its up to you on how much or little you want to talk and to whom

How did you enjoy the Splendor? I was on it in June, solo, had a nice time. My next one is on Constellation in November, never been on that ship before, looking forward to it.

How did you enjoy the Splendor? I was on it in June, solo, had a nice time. My next one is on Constellation in November, never been on that ship before, looking forward to it.

this was my first Solo cruise and booked last min, was hesitant about going solo, but had a blast and met some really nice people and never felt alone, I enjoyed it so much I just booked the Glory Dec 13th out of Miami

this was my first Solo cruise and booked last min, was hesitant about going solo, but had a blast and met some really nice people and never felt alone, I enjoyed it so much I just booked the Glory Dec 13th out of Miami

I went solo on the Splendor in April. I had a great table of singles at dinner. We all really clicked. And I also met a few others through cruise critic.

I booked solo again for October 11 to Canada. One of the girls from my table and CC friend friend from that cruise also booked this trip. I'm really looking forward to this Splendor reunion.