Best cruise line for 30 year old singles cruises?

Kirkcollm

The Answer: Carnival for more singles and nightclub activities. Royal Caribbean for the sports deck activities-waverunner, zipline etc. You'll likely have a great time on both. I've been on each 6+ times. I'm more influenced by price, destination and embarkation port. I actually prefer the RCCL ships of the last decade by far but am not as big of a fan of RCCL cave-like Discos. Norweigen CL is probably the other major consideration but I've never been on a cruise with NCL.

Edited by Stallion

• 4 weeks later...
What lines would be suggested for those in their 30's and single to cruise?

I am 35. I would suggest any cruise during non-peak vacation weeks and school breaks. Go to the various bars on the ship and def go to the night clubs onboard. There's always someone you can meet! Carnival is priced right and RCI can run some specials. HAL seems to attract a more mature crowd and I am not certain how many singles are hitting the Disney lines.

Have fun!

Carnival has a reputation as the "fun ships" With that I suggest you google "singles cruises" and you will find a company or 2 who specializes in these and does specific trips for 20s and 30s and its a great way to travel. I am sure you will find them easily if you google the words "singles cruise" Good luck with your trip

• 1 month later...

I've done Carnival, NCL and Royal by myself. I'm a couple of years older (in the slide towards 40) and have met more people (overall) on the Carnival line. Royal seemed to shut down after 10 (even the nightclub was dead). NCL was ok to meet friendly elderly couples, but not a party/meet sort of vibe. On the Carnival cruises, everyone seems to me in the mode to party and have lots of fun, be it couples, elderly, staff... whatever. The clubs are always busy, even with off-duty staff who are warm to the single cruiser.

My cruise coming up is a solo/single cruise. I have already met people on this site through the roll call section, and have no doubt that I'll have a blast!:D

• 4 weeks later...

I am 32, single, have been on a number of cruise lines (Carnival, Celebrity, RCCL, Princess, and Holland America) and 10 cruises total. I have a pretty active social life when I am not cruising, therefore, I like to have one while I am on board as well. I only say that so you know that my opinion is not coming from the perspective of a social hermit. I just returned from a Med. cruise on HAL and would definitely NOT recommend the line for a 30 y.o. single, but would recommend the Med. in general if the budget allows.

I would have to put RCCL on the top of the list for me, followed by Princess. If you are on a tight budget, then go with Carnival, but that should be the ONLY reason to choose Carnival over RCCL IMHO. I would HIGHLY recommend Oasis, Freedom, or Voyager class of ships. RCCL's ships are second to none and the size of those classes of ships allow for more options as a single because there are simply more bars and more people. Plus it does not lend itself well to the more aged cruisers because you tend to do a lot more walking on that size of ship (no offence intended). Also, it is important to select an itinerary that draws a more festive atmosphere such as the Caribbean. There is certainly more of a party vibe on the way to Jamaica then say.... Alaska. Going off peak certainly has its advantages, but there are also some draw backs. The lower prices, seasonal comfort, and shortage of school aged kids are nice, but it can be offset by a more "mature" crowd as well. That being said, off-peak is still a very good option for aforementioned reasons. I know that it is hot in the Caribbean during summer months, but the length of the summer holiday season lends itself to a more balanced demographic and festive atmosphere and nightlife. I wouldn't go right after school lets out, but July 4th and beyond has worked well for me. Winter and spring holiday cruises are certainly desirable, but tend to be more family oriented. I know Carnival has the reputation for fun ships, but that wasn't exactly the case in my two experiences. While there is a lot of partying going on, it tended to be pretty immature partying as well. There were always drunk "kids" on the top deck throwing things off and that kind of stuff. I had fun on Carnival after my high school graduation, but my next experience at 25 was considerably different. Lets just say there is NO way I am going back on Carnival if I have the option of going on RCCL or even Princess.

I'm 36 and cruise solo/single. I've only ever been on Carnival and always have a blast. I think any cruise is what you make of it.

Because I'm interested in trying other lines, I've asked a LOT of people and these tend to be pretty standard answers:

- Singles seem to be split down the middle on who likes RCCL and CCL best.

- My best single cruiser friend says he prefers RCCL if he's with someone (family or a girlfriend) but perfers CCL if he's solo/single or looking for more of a party crowd. He agrees with Kristophor that RCCL has nicer ships and we both agree that the bigger ships give many more options.

- People say Princess and HAL are classier, but an older, tamer crowd.

- Many people have told me not to do Celebrity solo.

- Not too many people I've talked to have done NCL solo/single.

Happy cruising!

• 4 months later...

I am in my late 30s and have been on 2 hosted singles cruises. They are a blast, especially the ones targeted for specific age groups. I did one for 20s and 30s and will be on a 30s and 40s cruise in February. As a single, I am likely to continue with the hosted singles cruises going forward. I had a friend that came on one of the cruises but did not sign up through the hosted company. At the end of the cruise he had wished he did join our hosted cruise and all the fun we had.

If you are a group of single ladies, you probably can meet single guys just by being outgoing and hitting the dance club at night but single guys will probably have a harder time.

I've spent over 300 days on cruises and am a 31 year old single female. I've been on just about every line. My favorite now? CELEBRITY! Specifically the S class ships. I loved my celebrity Eclipse cruise so much in November that I'm back on the same ship next month. My experience has been a lot of fun, into nicer cabins/food, professional types were in the club each and every night. We were up until 6am one night living it up.

That said, I definitely think the time of the year AND the destination influences the types of people on board more than anything. I think for singles looking to have a fun time at night should do the Carribbean first. Holiday cruises are a great time to go since large family groups are on board and you'll find a lot of mid twenties-mid thirties out and about at night. My suggestion before you book any cruise? Go to the roll calls and read through the ages and types of people on CC that have already booked. I did that and found that on my February cruise, there is a LARGE group of wine lovers that are getting together specifically for this cruise and plan to be out drinking both before and after dinner. That sounds like my kind of good time so count me in!

Good luck!

• 8 months later...
I'm 36 and cruise solo/single. I've only ever been on Carnival and always have a blast. I think any cruise is what you make of it.

Because I'm interested in trying other lines, I've asked a LOT of people and these tend to be pretty standard answers:

- Singles seem to be split down the middle on who likes RCCL and CCL best.

- My best single cruiser friend says he prefers RCCL if he's with someone (family or a girlfriend) but perfers CCL if he's solo/single or looking for more of a party crowd. He agrees with Kristophor that RCCL has nicer ships and we both agree that the bigger ships give many more options.

- People say Princess and HAL are classier, but an older, tamer crowd.

- Many people have told me not to do Celebrity solo.

- Not too many people I've talked to have done NCL solo/single.

Happy cruising!

So why haven't you tried RCCL? I'm debating a cruise in Feb and can see everyone's back and forth between CCL and RCCL.

Tnx, Eric

• 2 years later...
I had a friend that came on one of the cruises but did not sign up through the hosted company. At the end of the cruise he had wished he did join our hosted cruise and all the fun we had.QUOTE]

I know this thread is extremely old, but I want to know what this "hosted companies" thing is. Please elaborate? Thanks!

I had a friend that came on one of the cruises but did not sign up through the hosted company. At the end of the cruise he had wished he did join our hosted cruise and all the fun we had.QUOTE]

I know this thread is extremely old, but I want to know what this "hosted companies" thing is. Please elaborate? Thanks!

The hosted cruises are the travel agencies that specialize in taking groups of singles on cruises. CC doesn't like us mentioning them for one reason or another so we can't say their websites. I can say that singles cruise (use that in one word) has banner ads now in this section. Also if you would like to meet singles at sea (use those three words together) which is a division of and the same as if you needed a vacation to go (use the last three words together again). If this post didn't help and just confused you some more e-mail me at atakpajr@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...