zippy shutle, a little too SMALL, TOO BUSY...

2010_cruisers

Warning - just because you may want to get somewhere, NOT all services are the same.

After reading some glowing reviews - we contacted ZIPPY.

For those in need on an LAX Shuttle, i'd skip zippy....they emailed us back saying they were BUSY and had no availability....um....servicing LAX and in that part of CA.....and they busy - no availability...even with 4 weeks in advance purchase...oh well, guess thry are WAY TOO SMALL...they just lost our business.....who wants to lose buz. in this type of economy....anyways, find another - more accommodating AND BIGGER SERVICE.

Warning - just because you may want to get somewhere, NOT all services are the same.

After reading some glowing reviews - we contacted ZIPPY.

For those in need on an LAX Shuttle, i'd skip zippy....they emailed us back saying they were BUSY and had no availability....um....servicing LAX and in that part of CA.....and they busy - no availability...even with 4 weeks in advance purchase...oh well, guess thry are WAY TOO SMALL...they just lost our business.....who wants to lose buz. in this type of economy....anyways, find another - more accommodating AND BIGGER SERVICE.

So, let me get this right.... You waited until a month before departure, tried booking, and they stated they are booked! And your pissed....I don't think they need your business. JMHO We're using them in next month, booked them well in advance, and can't wait to meet a "small" company that takes customers personally! Slamming them because they were booked and you waited too long.....wow!!!! :confused:

tsttst...what do u work for zipyy....whatever,,,,

too bad u picked zippy...most shuttles let u book 2 days in advance, plus a month out...opss 5 weeks...was not so tardy of us to contact them...byw...small, medium or large...there was no CUSTOMER SERVICE, mo....if we inquire...and they can not do the JOB/Service then they should recommend an alternative...not just say BUSY...thats like saying...na, never mind, you and your niz aint important....they need to THINK LONG TERM...not just be SMALL MINDED...

anyways, we know we are right to say whaver we feel, factual as is, seeya.

ps our reccomendation is tp pick a more well-rounded and larger shuttle service...

2010 Cruisers

Must agree with "love2cruise4ever". We booked Zippy back in January for our cruise in May. Yes,they are a small company with personalized service and not one of the big ones (Supershuttle or Primetime).If they could not accommodate you,it just shows they are popular.

Never used Zippy and have no "skin in the game" one way or the other. It's good the OP posted their experience but I don't understand the whinge. I think it's great a company is honest by saying they are booked up and cannot help. Would it be better for them to take the reservation then show up late (or not at all)? There are quite a few accounts of that happening with some of the other van companies (which by the way are often the "big" ones....but I guess since they are big and overpromise/underdeliver that makes them customer-focused.) :)

Many small business in the US that are surviving and thriving do so by nurturing what they have and not grabbing every sale that comes their way. It is not "small minded" or a lack of "thinking long term".

For an alternate, try Karmel Shuttle. They are local and I've never had a bad experience with them or read of one on this board. A caveat is problems with PrimeTime seem to be increasing (do a search of the forum) but they will happily take your reservation.

Hi 2010 Is there anybody on your flight from B.C if not hard to share a ride. You don't have a big window to get down to the ship.If your delayed.

I know you have done your research. I think you said your coming in on the 14th at 10.30am.So out of lax by 11ish.If the plane is ontime. take the shuttle you know that is the cheapest way. If your delayed lets hope not. You are going to have to take a taxi. remember its 45mins. lax to san pedro.

I know I didn't help you with what you already know.

This thread will not be removed more than likely as others are interested in the information. If you no longer wish to see it click "unsubscribe" on your User CP when you log back on next time.

BTW, I always book reservations well in advance and fly in the day before the cruise to avoid stress cause by normal travel delays.:)

• 3 weeks later...
WHY DOES THIS THREAD ALWAYS KEEP COMING UP WHEN WE LOG IN..it is so __________! If this happens we will keep writing the same things, PLEASE fiz this GLITZ cc. thanks..

ok - zippy sucks n be safe is awesome, so is super shuttle

Please explain a bit more, I don't understand the problem.

We just got off the Golden Princess less than 2 weeks ago, we arranged zippy shuttle in advance. My e-mails were answered promptly and thoroughly. The service was superior. Our driver called us at 7:30 am in our cabin docked in San Pedro and we made arrangements. We walked off the ship at 8am and per his instructions called his cell. He picked us up in front of the terminal less than 2 minutes later. We were at our gate at LAX shortly before 9 am! I would use them again and book well in advance. I can’t say enough about the service. It works out to be the same as taking taxi if you factor in the tip.

We are so glad that we discovered them.

Judith

......we used a personal ride-share person and he was awesome. We did not have to wait around 1 minute like they do with a shuttle (zippy, prime-time or even super shuttle)...and our driver picked us up right outside our baggage claim area, loaded up our 2 cases and carry-ons and got us to the San Pedro in 25 mins flat. Seriously inexpensive, clean SUV, and a cool guy (he is a travel writer). If anyone wants his name/info - we will gladly pass it on.

$25 +$5 = $30 one way trip, all in, all done, just great!

WHY DOES THIS THREAD ALWAYS KEEP COMING UP WHEN WE LOG IN..it is so __________! If this happens we will keep writing the same things, PLEASE fiz this GLITZ cc. thanks..

ok - zippy sucks n be safe is awesome, so is super shuttle

Check to see if you are subscribed to this thread. If you are, turn off the subscription.

• 2 weeks later...
I am using Zippy this week, will let you know how it goes.

Hi Jen...............How was Zippy??

We're sailing on the Mariner next month! Our M&M only has 45 cruisers, not like our MX cruise in December! :) Hope you and Jim are doing well.

Marcia

We used Zippy Shuttle last week for our Hollywood stay and Mex. Riviera cruise. We used them for 4 seperate trips during our trip and have nothing but good things to say about them. All the drivers were right on time for pick up and were all very pleasant.

Next time we go back to LA we will definitely be using Zippy Shuttle!

Archived