Oasis of the Seas dirty cabin

Shanafan

Hubby and I are on Oasis of the Seas in cabin 11729. We are the aft cabin in the Aquatheater. We came to the cabin at 3 pm to unpack our bags. When we opened the drawers we found a pair of white men's underwear, an empty box of wine and a dirty tissue. Disgusted to say the least. I called and asked for a housekeeping manager to come to the cabin. e2y7a4y6.jpgytu4u3ab.jpgrabybeby.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gross.

On the Explorer one year, we went to our room for the first time and there was urine on the toilet seat and the bathroom floor was sticky. We told the stateroom attendant about this. He apologized and said he would clean it right away. He then asked us if we want him the change the sheets on the bed?!?! Umm, yeah.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Gross.

On the Explorer one year, when we went to our room for the first time and there was urine on the toilet seat and the bathroom floor was sticky. We told the stateroom attendant about this. He apologized and said he would clean it right away. He then asked us if we want him the change the sheets on the bed?!?! Umm, yeah.

lmao, That is funny. Makes me nervous now knowing the sheets may not be clean but then again, by the time I hit the bed its 1am or so if not later so doesn't take me too long to get to sleep :)

to the OP: My Dw and I found a pile of dirty panties and thongs on top of the sofa on our Large interior room on the last Allure cruise we were on and a 25$ iTunes gift card that only works in the usa lol. So I know how you feel, we just laughed about it and went to the pool

Edited by trev71

This is our 20th cruise. Very disappointing. Someone came down and removed the items and apologized. Stateroom attendant kind of nervously laughed and said he was busy and forgot. Oh well. What can you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

This is our 20th cruise. Very disappointing. Someone came down and removed the items and apologized. Stateroom attendant kind of nervously laughed and said he was busy and forgot. Oh well. What can you do.

He's definitely on notice at this point... I would expect your housekeeping experience to drastically improve in short order.

This is your second post on this. Yes..it is unfortunate and things happen. No one is perfect and I am sure it was just an over site. I certainly would not allow such a menial thing ruin my cruise and posting about it a few times instead of being on the Lido deck having a DOD. I don't know...maybe that is just me.

Only 20 cruises?:rolleyes: Believe me worse things will happen!

This is your second post on this. Yes..it is unfortunate and things happen. No one is perfect and I am sure it was just an over site. I certainly would not allow such a menial thing ruin my cruise and posting about it a few times instead of being on the Lido deck having a DOD. I don't know...maybe that is just me.

My apologizes. I did not think the first post went through because I received an error message. But you are correct. It will not ruin my cruise but I don't expect to find an empty box of wine, a dirty tissue AND a pair of whitey righties in the drawers I expected to use for my clothes. I should lighten up.

It is done. I have moved on. But it was frustrating and it does make you wonder how that happens.

Again I apologize for a duplicate post.

My apologizes. I did not think the first post went through because I received an error message. But you are correct. It will not ruin my cruise but I don't expect to find an empty box of wine, a dirty tissue AND a pair of whitey righties in the drawers I expected to use for my clothes. I should lighten up.

It is done. I have moved on. But it was frustrating and it does make you wonder how that happens.

Have a GREAT cruise and eat prime rib (medium rare) please. THANK YOU :):):)

An aquatheater suite is quite large with many drawers...obviously an oversight on the cabin stewards part. Certainly not a great way to begin, but not a cruise deal breaker either (and not worth 2 separate threads).

Setting sail now. I won't be on CC until we return. As always it was meant for information and not to be slammed because I found it odd to have dirty undies and a box of wine feom the previous cruiser. On the bright side who knew you could bring a BOX OF WINE.

Glad you got over it. And you took our abuse well ! Not that your problem isn't an issue, but we have a high of 4 above and I've plowed the driveway 3 times today, after having to jump the truck because the battery was dead this morning ! How's that cruise going on one of the most beautiful ships in the world going ? Enjoy !

You just can't win around here. If the OP waited until they got back and posted about it here, the first thing everyone would say is "why didn't you take care of this on the ship instead of coming here to complain?"

I think they did the right thing. There was a minor issue, they brought it to the attention of the crew, and I suspect there won't be any further issues of this

Edited by lovetocruise75

Some of you were wayyy too harsh IMHO... a little jealous OP is leaving today on Oasis? I know I am.

OP made a valid observation, addressed it properly by reporting it to the crew, and is ready to move on. As those of us who have sailed RCI many times know, the condition OP found that cabin is not in keeping with RCI's stringent standards for cleanliness.

Enjoy your cruise OP.