Noordam Vista Dining Room Menus Posted

SakeDad

I just posted a couple of Vista Dining Room menus, including the two formal nights. Click the link below to see them. Full review coming soon (including food pics!:D) but for the most part I enjoyed the food, but there were a couple of "misses" and nothing that was really a HUGE HIT with me. Let's just say I didn't gain any weight and I certainly wasn't trying not to:rolleyes:

Sakedad ... glad you had a nice time. I'm sure your mother was very surprised with the suite. Can't wait until you post more.

Also, in a way can you post the Daily Programs if you haven't discarded them yet? That would be fantastic!

Nathan, those are so great:) I was surprised to see the Surf and Turf to be on the night of the Captain's Reception for Monday night rather than the Farewell dinner on Friday night.

Surf/Turf was on the menu for Friday night.

Surf/Turf was on the menu for Friday night.

:o Hammy, my mistake in looking at Nathans pictures I thought the second half one that listed the Surf and Turf was from the Captains Gala Dinner, dummy me, i have these menus memorized I should know better myself.

157111988-S.jpg

Thanks for the pictures.......great.

I don't know if I did something wrong but I enlarged the menu to read it (and thought it a great menu BTW) but could only see for "Available Every Night" the choice of caesar salad. Was there a choice of salmon or chicken breast also available every night? I couldn't see if there was an additional line on the menu that I wasn't viewing.

I can't get over the wonderful photo of the whale's tail with kelp. Phenomenal photo.

Lovely picture of you and your Mom.

Why do you suppose they have combined the appetizer, salad, soup courses on the menu? Hoping we'll order less? :D

If we order less, the costs are lower and the stewards have fewer trips to the kitchen. They get us in and out faster which is what they have to do for 'dine when you want'. Keep turning over the tables like in a regular land restaurant.

Why do you suppose they have combined the appetizer, salad, soup courses on the menu? Hoping we'll order less? :D

If we order less, the costs are lower and the stewards have fewer trips to the kitchen. They get us in and out faster which is what they have to do for 'dine when you want'. Keep turning over the tables like in a regular land restaurant.

All of the above.

In my experience, dinners last 2-2.5 hours. Back in the day when the majority of pax sat at 8-10 top tables, dinner was as much about socializing as it was eating and drinking. Every night there was a table of people eager to share their stories, pictures of their kids/dogs, laugh at each other's jokes and share the day and when the wine was flowing, time often did not matter, especially at late seating.

Regardless of where we are dining, more and more of us are choosing smaller tables and prefer to not dine with strangers. I am seeing a direct correlation between increased social isolation, at dinner, and an awareness of just how long it takes to have dinner. So many people do not seem to want to invest 2+ hours into dinner and I am thinking that cruise lines know this and are doing what they can to move it along. That it may help the bottom line too is also no coincidence.

Thanks, Lisa.....

So where did the "Salmon Available Every Night" go?

This makes me pout!!!

I love being able to order salmon seeing as I hardly eat beef, most chicken dishes have cream and butter and fats I don't eat.

Now whatamIgonnado? :(

Thanks, Lisa.....

So where did the "Salmon Available Every Night" go?

This makes me pout!!!

I love being able to order salmon seeing as I hardly eat beef, most chicken dishes have cream and butter and fats I don't eat.

Now whatamIgonnado? :(

Sail, that is exactly what I have thinking. that and didn't we read about how they were making a big deal about all the Wild Alaskan Fresh fish they were serving:confused:

I love the fact that they are now offering dinner salads as an entree (Like Seared Beef Tataki)! ;) Of course I'd like to try one some time. It's refreshing to see something "lighter" like that on the menu. Truly appropriate and very welcome for your warmer itineraries.:D

Nathan, my DH & I will be on the Noordam next week. He was wondering what movies are featured in the theatre & on tv. Any first run movies? Did they by chance have the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie?

Thanks!

-Brenda

Archived