Cruising in February

Mommy2three

We have a cruise booked on the Triumph for February 27th. This will be our second cruise. Our first was in September of 2015. The weather was decent, no rain and the temperatures were good. The water in Progreso was slightly cool but not too bad. I'm just wondering how cold the water will be in the pools and also Cozumel and Progreso at the end of February. We will be bringing the kids with us on this cruise and I know they will want to get in the pools and on the waterslide but I don't know how cold it will be. Also, I don't want to book excursions that have water activities in them if it will be really cold to get in the water.

We have a cruise booked on the Triumph for February 27th. This will be our second cruise. Our first was in September of 2015. The weather was decent, no rain and the temperatures were good. The water in Progreso was slightly cool but not too bad. I'm just wondering how cold the water will be in the pools and also Cozumel and Progreso at the end of February. We will be bringing the kids with us on this cruise and I know they will want to get in the pools and on the waterslide but I don't know how cold it will be. Also, I don't want to book excursions that have water activities in them if it will be really cold to get in the water.

If you thought the water in progreso was cool in sept I think February it will actually be quite frigid.

Carnival uses actual sea water that desalinated to fill the pools each day

Cozumel you can expect it to be very hot in february- minus the high humidity

If you thought the water in progreso was cool in sept I think February it will actually be quite frigid.

Cozumel you can expect it to be very hot in february- minus the high humidity

This would actually be great. We aren't planning on getting off the ship in Progreso but possibly booking an excursion in Cozumel so this would work out.

We've cruised many times at the end of February. The temps in the Caribbean were always very nice and hot. The ocean water we found to be not as nice as when we cruised in summer or fall. That has to do with the winter jet stream and water currents. The pools were a bit cool at first but that was probably because we were hot from sitting in the sun. :D

Have a great cruise.

Actually more important than the water temperature is the hurricane season. When you took your past cruise in September, you were taking a chance since you were well into the hurricane season. The water for swimming might be cooler but your chances of rough waters are much less in January through April. I live in Florida and you don't think of hurricanes in February. In September, however, it is just a matter of where the topical storm is located in the Caribbean.

One of the best months to cruise.

Actually more important than the water temperature is the hurricane season. When you took your past cruise in September, you were taking a chance since you were well into the hurricane season. The water for swimming might be cooler but your chances of rough waters are much less in January through April. I live in Florida and you don't think of hurricanes in February. In September, however, it is just a matter of where the topical storm is located in the Caribbean.

We live in Louisiana so we definitely took into account hurricane season for our last cruise but the price was cheap and it was the only time we could go. The weather was actually really decent. No rain at all and calm waters. We are going for Mardi Gras next year. We tend to want to get out of town and avoid all the parades so we try to vacation during Mardi Gras.

My cruising is always early in the year. Best time to cruise weather wise I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So glad to hear this. I was thinking it would be cold but I have to remember that we will no longer be in Louisiana where the weather is sometimes cold in February and sometimes hot.

So glad to hear this. I was thinking it would be cold but I have to remember that we will no longer be in Louisiana where the weather is sometimes cold in February and sometimes hot.

It was cold for us close to Galveston so the first and last day but it wasn't for too long

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
I've been there in March, not February, and I would think the weather would be ideal. We were in Cozumel Christmas Eve and it was actually in the mid to upper 80s that day. We used the AC in our rental car.

It's easy to forget that they don't have the same temps as us. Last week here it was in the 20's which is definitely not our normal but it was 80 in Cozumel when I checked the weather channel.

• 1 month later...

Progreso is usually 5-8 degrees warmer than Cozumel. We are cruising towards Cozumel and Progreso on Feb. 20!!! ...expected temp in Cozumel 85...94 in Progreso...It will be so hot that I will be in the water...I expect the water will be in the 70's. I was in Cancun in December and spent hours in the water everyday. Have a GREAT time!

Progreso is usually 5-8 degrees warmer than Cozumel. We are cruising towards Cozumel and Progreso on Feb. 20!!! ...expected temp in Cozumel 85...94 in Progreso...It will be so hot that I will be in the water...I expect the water will be in the 70's. I was in Cancun in December and spent hours in the water everyday. Have a GREAT time!

You are so close!!!! We are right behind y'all. Can't wait.