Paris/Normandy question

rentlady

I am sure others will have been at other times, but I went on the first cruise of the season with Uniworld, and though chilly, it was gorgeous! Virtually no rain this year, and I continued to Provence after northern France.

Be careful if you want Giverny on the first cruise as it opens on April 1 (this year), so I just doubled back from Paris on a day trip independently. We were taken to Versailles as the option instead. I believe this only occurs on the first cruise of the season.

I loved my Uniworld France experience, though the cabin on the Seine section was compact and not decorated to my taste, this food was the best I've ever had on a River Cruise :)

We did the Seine with Uniworld in September (think we flew out on the 20th) and the weather was perfect. We needed a light sweater in the mornings - and it warmed up during the day.

Loved this cruise - and loved the experience with Uniworld.

Fran

We did this cruise with VRC in mid April 2010 after a week in Paris. Temps were in the 60's except at Normandy - low 50's. A few flowers were just starting to bloom at Giverny. I could imagine how beautiful it must be in full bloom.

We were on this cruise October 2012. Weather ran from drizzle to rain to sunny, chilly to warmer where you didn't need a jacket, and we even encountered a thunderstorm with hail in Rouen! If you travel during the shoulder seasons (spring/fall) pack for layering, take small collapsible umbrellas, and be prepared for anything. That said, we had a great cruise!

Archived