Splendor or Paradise?

Please tell me your opinion...

Hubby and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary in Feb. In Jan he has a conference in Sarasota. We figured we would save a few $ and make it our Anniversary trip. On Jan 18 or 19 we would go on a cruise.

I have done hours of research...here are my findings and dilemmas

We are 48 years old. My 14 year old will be home with my Aunt.

We could do The Paradise out of Tampa. It is 5 days. I like the length. It sails from Tampa, easy easy. The ports don't thrill me. ( been there) would do ocean view, my preferred room.

The Splendor out of Miami. Hubby likes the idea of a bigger ship. I like the stops, especially grand Turk and half moon Cay. I would probably do an inside spa room. I haven't ruled out the balcony spa room but, I think I could give up the balcony for $800. We would have to drive 4 hours from Sarasota. We would be gone longer from home, but heck it is our anniversary!

Finally, just to torture myself, I could consider, freedom out of ft lauderdale..

Thoughts?

Thank you!!!!

Please tell me your opinion...

Hubby and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary in Feb. In Jan he has a conference in Sarasota. We figured we would save a few $ and make it our Anniversary trip. On Jan 18 or 19 we would go on a cruise.

I have done hours of research...here are my findings and dilemmas

We are 48 years old. My 14 year old will be home with my Aunt.

We could do The Paradise out of Tampa. It is 5 days. I like the length. It sails from Tampa, easy easy. The ports don't thrill me. ( been there) would do ocean view, my preferred room.

The Splendor out of Miami. Hubby likes the idea of a bigger ship. I like the stops, especially grand Turk and half moon Cay. I would probably do an inside spa room. I haven't ruled out the balcony spa room but, I think I could give up the balcony for $800. We would have to drive 4 hours from Sarasota. We would be gone longer from home, but heck it is our anniversary!

Finally, just to torture myself, I could consider, freedom out of ft lauderdale..

Thoughts?

Thank you!!!!

I've cruised the Paradise twice, and love it, but Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay sound awesome to me. The good thing about your dilemma, is that you have no wrong answers here.

I'd have to pick the Splendor, just to go to Half Moon Cay. I love Half Moon Cay and feel it would be well worth the 4 hour drive. Regardless of what you decide, I hope you have a fabulous cruise!:D

...but heck it is our anniversary!

And that's why I'd pick the Splendor. How many times do you celebrate a 25th anniversary?

I sailed on the splendor last January and it was one of my best cruises ever. Great food, great entertainment and live music and great service overall. Definitely recommend.

Amanda

You're not Living, if you're not cruising.

Upcoming cruises:

Celebrity Summit - 6/29/14

Celebrity Reflection - 11/15/14 nursing cruise seminar

I would really love to sail on the Paradise some day, but in your situation, I would more like choose the Splendor, because it is a longer cruise, and goes to Grand Turk and HMC. I really really want to go there. Since you live in Florida, it is not that far away to get to. Since you mention Freedom, I would consider that one too, but the Splendor is a nice big ship, and the itinerary sounds good to me. Whichever you choose, have a great anniversary cruise.:)

Edited by SMSACE6

I absolutely LOVE "Paradise" (sailing her again next week!) , but in your situation, I too, would probably do "Splendor". Both are a win/win situation, so you can't go wrong either way.

Congratulations, and have a FANTASTIC cruise!

"SKY"

We like the Splendor very much. In fact, this winter we have scheduled a "road trip" to Florida to cruise on her, since she recently left the New York area. I hope you enjoy her as much as we have! The staff is simply excellent.

We're going on the Splendor for the 2nd time this October, we love it. Never sailed the Paradise, but I would go with the Splendor over a smaller ship with shorter itinerary. I also would choose a cruise that goes to GT and HMC if possible. Enjoy your anniversary cruise!