Celebrity Constellation 11/30/12

howndder

Hello all, I checked back several pages and found "nothing":eek:

I am Howard from sunny, well-usually, Fort Lauderdale, hoping there will be many "Brothers & Sisters" on board the beautiful "Constellation". Looking forward to a wonderful voyage.

Howard

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ann and Rebecca, welcome aboard. I used to live in "Broken Sound", are you near there? I loved the beauty of Boca. you notice it as soon as you leave Broward County. If we have anywhere near the number of gay men and Lesbians as we had on the spring crossing, then we're in for a fantastic time aboard the "Connie". She has a truly great crew.

Howard in soggy Ft. Lauderdale

• 3 weeks later...
Hello all, I checked back several pages and found "nothing":eek:

I am Howard from sunny, well-usually, Fort Lauderdale, hoping there will be many "Brothers & Sisters" on board the beautiful "Constellation". Looking forward to a wonderful voyage.

Howard

Hello, Howard and everyone else. I am Alfred from New York. I am traveling with a friend from work, David, and my best friends Stephen and Kevin, a married couple. We've all cruised together before and enjoy meeting new people. This one should be a blast with all of the sea days. Late night and drinking won't be interrupted with shore excursions.LOL :);)

Any suggestions on excursions on our stops?

Ginger & Kirby from Tennessee

I've been to the ports and almost any excursion you go for in France and Portugal is going to overloaded with history and beauty. The WOW factor is everywhere. I am going right to the main cities myself since I can't get enough Paris and really have not spent a lot of time in Lisbon.

In Tenerife I took the Loro Park tour and it was great. But you have to like zoos. This time I am going for the volcano in the national park tour.

I buy everything through the ship so I don't have to worry about connecting to the departure. :)Hope to see you on board.

Hi Howard! Yes, I do know where Broken Sound is in Boca - beautiful area! We've only been down here for a year, moved here from the Midwest. We are west of the turnpike, however end up going to Ft. Lauderdale for most activities! Looking forward to meeting everyone. We've been on the Solstice class Celebrity ships several times and are anxious to go on the 'Connie'!

We received an e-mail last night for a great deal on this from Crucon so we are on board.

We have been on the Solstice and the Infinity and the Galaxy and the Century. We are elite so looking forward to free cocktails and all the other perks. Got to love Celebrity! We have been to most of the ports but nice to go back. Trying to connect with friends near Southampton to visit before the cruise.

We will look forward to meeting everyone on board.

Jeff and Bob

We received an e-mail last night for a great deal on this from Crucon so we are on board.

We have been on the Solstice and the Infinity and the Galaxy and the Century. We are elite so looking forward to free cocktails and all the other perks. Got to love Celebrity! We have been to most of the ports but nice to go back. Trying to connect with friends near Southampton to visit before the cruise.

We will look forward to meeting everyone on board.

Jeff and Bob

I know of a definite young couple, Kevin and Stephen, and possibly Eric with someone/alone and Javier with someone/alone. List keeps growing.:)

By the way there are more of us on the regular thread if you haven't been following it.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was not sure. Hopefully they will find there way here so we can connect ahead of time.

I'm with Klocke7. All these sea days mean plenty of socially oriented fun days along with the ships amenities :)

***** It looks like the advertised prices went up a bit so it must be filling up.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was not sure. Hopefully they will find there way here so we can connect ahead of time.

I'm with Klocke7. All these sea days mean plenty of socially oriented fun days along with the ships amenities :)

***** It looks like the advertised prices went up a bit so it must be filling up.

Hi, glad we found you (all?) here. Me (Vince) and my partner (Mike) are on board as well. Looking forward to this cruise, we did a similar one last year (Equinox TA Nov 2011) and loved it.

Hi, glad we found you (all?) here. Me (Vince) and my partner (Mike) are on board as well. Looking forward to this cruise, we did a similar one last year (Equinox TA Nov 2011) and loved it.

So glad too. There are definitely more of us. There is another couple I found on "Meetme Onboard" plus some others I know are still working out the details. I have yet to go on a transatlantic where we didn't have a group of at least 25.

My count is 12 guys:D and 4 women so far. I love to get to know our people s from all over the world and different age ranges to hear about their lives. I have to say I have met some extraordinary people at the FODs

Are you going for the drink package? I'm planning on really enjoying myself on this cruise. I work too hard to let another opportunity to let loose go by .

Cheers

Hello all, sorry to have been so long departed. I had been trying to get on the "Solstice" "Trans Suez Canal" cruise in October and was unfortunately unable to secure a single occ for a price I could swing. I do not consider this cruise to be inferior, but since this is my 16th trans-atlantic, I thought a change would be good. I will tell you all one thing, I was on the spring crossing this year on the "Connie" and the crew on board this ship is truly extroadinary. I certainly hope that "Bar waitress, Harry" is still in the Martini bar, because boys and girls, you will fall in love with this beauty. And since we meet in the "Martini" bar for FOD, should be easy. At the "Elite" party, look for "Consuela", or anyone there as they are all faboo. I am definitely a fan of this ship.

I too look forward to meeting all of you. I just booked my air and I will be flying in a few days early to see a bit of London and then down to Kent to visit friends and over to Southampton for the crossing. I can't wait.

Howard in sunny and way too hot Ft. Lauderdale

Hello all, sorry to have been so long departed. I had been trying to get on the "Solstice" "Trans Suez Canal" cruise in October and was unfortunately unable to secure a single occ for a price I could swing. I do not consider this cruise to be inferior, but since this is my 16th trans-atlantic, I thought a change would be good. I will tell you all one thing, I was on the spring crossing this year on the "Connie" and the crew on board this ship is truly extroadinary. I certainly hope that "Bar waitress, Harry" is still in the Martini bar, because boys and girls, you will fall in love with this beauty. And since we meet in the "Martini" bar for FOD, should be easy. At the "Elite" party, look for "Consuela", or anyone there as they are all faboo. I am definitely a fan of this ship.

I too look forward to meeting all of you. I just booked my air and I will be flying in a few days early to see a bit of London and then down to Kent to visit friends and over to Southampton for the crossing. I can't wait.

Howard in sunny and way too hot Ft. Lauderdale

So glad to hear you are still going!!! :) We're gonna have a great time.

This is my first time with Celebrity so it's great to hear about so many repeat bookings.

The ship looks beautiful even just leaving the port:

http://www.inletphotos.com/Sail-AwayVideos/Celebrity-Cruises-Sail-away/

So glad to hear Howard speak of "Connie" in such good terms. We've been on a few other =X= cruises, so this will be our 4th voyage with them, but we were afraid after being on the Equinox last year, that a "Millie" class ship might be a disappointment. But we think Celebrity is a decent cruise line for the money, and we haven't seen these ports yet.

As for Gem's question about a beverage package, we haven't done one as of yet, but we've considered in the past. It's a good value if you expect to drink a fair amount, although it has worked out better for us to buy our drinks individually thus far, so we'll probably go that route again for this one.

We'd like to know if anyone's trying to do a FOD table for dinner? We are currently in the 2nd dinner seating, but are on the waiting list for the 1st seating. We could go either way (1st or 2nd that is), if folks want to form a table together. Let us know.

So glad to hear Howard speak of "Connie" in such good terms. We've been on a few other =X= cruises, so this will be our 4th voyage with them, but we were afraid after being on the Equinox last year, that a "Millie" class ship might be a disappointment. But we think Celebrity is a decent cruise line for the money, and we haven't seen these ports yet.

As for Gem's question about a beverage package, we haven't done one as of yet, but we've considered in the past. It's a good value if you expect to drink a fair amount,

although it has worked out better for us to buy our drinks individually thus far, so we'll probably go that route again for this one.

We'd like to know if anyone's trying to do a FOD table for dinner? We are currently in the 2nd dinner seating, but are

on the waiting list for the 1st seating. We could go either

way (1st or 2nd that is), if folks want to form a table

together. Let us know.

We would be open to linking up for dinner. We are late 2nd seating.

We are Elite Captains Club so we usually go for the free drinks which often conflicts with the FOD gatherings but on the Infinity last March most of the guys on board were elite so we just pulled seats together at elite cocktails.

I was born and raised outside Boston in the Acton area. Bob grew up in CT. We have been together for 26 years, Old married folk! We owned and operated a gay and lesbian B&B in Ogunquit for 23 years. Retired now we live 6 months in Sarasota and 6 months outside Montreal in the mountains. We were at pride in Montreal yesterday with friends.

Hi everyone, regarding the drinks package, I too am "elite' and they pour drinks like there's no tomorrow at cocktail hour, thereby negating the need for the package for me. Also since the cocktail hour is from 5PM - 7PM, it's fairly easy to then make the FOD, which is held at the "Martini Bar" for both sittings. The 2nd sitting folk usually come at 7:30PM-8PM.

They do have very nice perks for their frequent passengers. Makes traveling on Celebrity truly nice. Plus their extended breakfast, which by the way, is held in the "Ocean Liners" specialty restaurant, is another nice touch. Add in all the other perks and it can't be better. Makes you want to get to the magic 10 points in a hurry.

Speaking of specialty retaurants, they had a few special deals for both the "Ocean Liners" and "Tuscan Grille". My favorite is the Tuscan Grille. They took off 10-20 dollars, when people weren't buying enough of them.

I would like to join a FOD table but I am open sitting and usually eat at around 7-7:30. Second sitting is too late for me, but would be interested if there a re anychanges.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week,

Howard from still hot, still sunny and still beautiful Ft. Lauderdale

Thanks everyone for all of the info. I wish I started traveling on Celebrity sooner. I have to start racking up days to get Elite status. For now, I am going to give the drink package a try

I am going to pass on the dinner FOD table. The regular FOD is about all I can commit to on a cruise without feeling tied down. But it is a great idea.

My apologies for all the newby questions but does anyone know if we are getting a show every night? Is there an evening snack or late night free restaurant/pizzeria? Free room service? Food by the pool? # of formal nights?

Thanks guys

Thanks everyone for all of the info. I wish I started traveling on Celebrity sooner. I have to start racking up days to get Elite status. For now, I am going to give the drink package a try

I am going to pass on the dinner FOD table. The regular FOD is about all I can commit to on a cruise without feeling tied down. But it is a great idea.

My apologies for all the newby questions but does anyone know if we are getting a show every night? Is there an

evening snack or late night free restaurant/pizzeria? Free

room service? Food by the pool? # of formal nights?

Thanks guys

There are usually 2 formal nights per week but.... so maybe 3-4 for this cruise. There is a burger and hot dog grill place outside by the pool and a healthy alternative place by the indoor pool. Yes there is free room service but a limited menu in your stateroom. As to late night munchies I am not sure, we do late dinning so we are always full after that. And yes there are shows everynight. They are timed before and after each of the traditional dinner seatings. So if you choose open seating you have to plan on your own which one you will try to get to. There are also additions shows in the Reflections lounge various nights during the cruise such as White Nights and Dancing with the Officers in which the cast from the shows and the crew mingle and dance with the guests its lots of fun and very popular.

By the way if you haven't been to the regular thread check it out. There are 100+ signed up for the Celebrity cruise connections party including us a a few other guys not posting here on the gay threads. We always go and have never had a problem. We have met some real nice people thru it and found lots of great info about the cruise, ports etc.

There are usually 2 formal nights per week but.... so maybe 3-4 for this cruise. There is a burger and hot dog grill place outside by the pool and a healthy alternative place by the indoor pool. Yes there is free room service but a limited menu in your stateroom. As to late night munchies I am not sure, we do late dinning so we are always full after that. And yes there are shows everynight. They are timed before and after each of the traditional dinner seatings. So if you choose open seating you have to plan on your own which one you will try to get to. There are also additions shows in the Reflections lounge various nights during the cruise such as White Nights and Dancing with the Officers in which the cast from the shows and the crew mingle and dance with the guests its lots of fun and very popular.

Thanks again for.the info. It looks like all the cruise lines are offering everything. Celebrity is taking my heart though with the # of formal nights, indoor pool and drink package offers.

I did check out the other message board and even put my cabin mate and I down for meet and minglles. He is straight so I did it for him.

I really can not wait for this cruise.

Is anyone interested in the "Trivia"? Since we are going to have many sea days, trivia is one of the more fun things to do. I think a FOD team would be a great addition.

I also recommend signing up on the straight board as Celebrity does offer some extras for "Cruise Critic". On my last crossing on the "Connie", a lady named "Kim" was the keeper of the "Lists" and that group had a tremendous amount of activities for themselves. One of them was a, "Pink Luncheon", where everyone wore as much pink as they could and prizes were given for the most pink, etc.. It was quite fun. They also had many more things to do. But I think the present "List" person is doing a rather good job.

I hope "Bobnjeff" will allow me to join them at the "Elite" cocktail party. Then, we can meet everyone at the "Martini Bar". or later on at the "Disco". On that last cruise of mine, our FOD's closed the disco every night. That's also where the crew hangs out late at night, at least the officers and dancers and entertainers do.

Is anyone planning on going to "Honfluer", which is a town ouutside of "LeHarve"? Thats what I plan on. It's only a short taxi ride away and he will come back for us. Anyone?

Howard in slightly cloudy and awaiting Isaac Fort Lauderdale

Archived