Israel Visa Question

taniacat

Does Azamara arrange day visa for Israel on ship

Hi Taniacat,

I do not have an answer to your question.... but if I may suggest, next time, kindly put your question in the subject line (instead of your member name), as it will encourage others to view your thread.

I've changed the thread's title for you, in the hopes that another member, or Azamara's CBO will reply.

Have a wonderful cruise !

Here's the more formal response ...

VISA

It is the responsibility of the guests to obtain information on countries that require visa on your voyage, and then to obtain the appropriate visa. U.S. and Canadian citizens can obtain customized visa information and instructions for all Azamara Club Cruises by visiting VisaCentral.com/AzamaraClubCruises or calling 1-800-579-2261. Please reference Azamara Club Cruises account 44990 for reduced service fees.

If a visa is required, please be sure to begin the application process as early as possible. For most countries, you may apply 90 days prior to departure. However, you may apply earlier for Brazil, which can take as long as 4-6 weeks for processing depending upon your jurisdiction.

We also did not need to get visas ahead when visiting Israel on the Celebrity Silhouette last month. Everything was taken care of on the ship, with passports collected and then returned, at various points in the cruise. I just looked at the Israel website, and it looks like Aussies are also exempt from needing a visa ahead of time.:

http://mfa.gov.il/MFA/ConsularServices/Pages/Visas.aspx

Israel issues the visa at no charge to you. Instead of stamping your passport, they issue a small piece of paper that contains the necessary information including your photo. Carry it with you. If you enter/depart by air, you will also be issued another visa stamp paper similar to the entry visa when you depart. Your passport will not have an Israel stamp in it for your safety. There are several countries that will not let you enter if you have been to Israel. I was there 2 weeks ago on a land tour. I hope that relations between the Israelis and the Palestinians improve by the time you go. While I was in Jerusalem, there were several incidents due to the clashes between the Israelis and the Palestinians.

We are looking at an Azamara cruise in 2015 so I hopped over here for a look around and stumbled on this thread.

We've visited Israel twice from a ship and although no pre-arranged visa is required for certain nationalities, the Israeli immigration control authorities are very strict.

On both occasions our passports were thoroughly scrutinised and we were questioned as to the reason for our trip.

All onboard the ship, including crew who were not coming ashore, had their details checked.

A temporary entry/exit card is stapled into the passport - this is removed on departure so there is no record of your having been in Israel - because many Islamic states refuse entry to anybody who has visited Israel.

We were in Israel 2 weeks ago. The entry visa was not stapled to our passport. It was a small slip of paper which we were given upon entry. It had a copy of our photos and info ptinted on it. We were tequired to present the visa and passprt when we departed.. We were not questioned. However, other people were questioned. It is random. In September when we left from Lisbon, we were questioned for hours before being allowed to board the plane. I am a US citizen. Plane was going nonstop from Lisbon to Philadelphia. Security is high in most places. Relax and be ready to be questioned.