Struggling with MoBay Excursions

uoftxchik

The beaches by Ochos Rios aren't that nice anyway. A day pass at the Secrets Resort in Montego Bay is well worth the $100. It's only a stones throw from the ship and the water is fantastic. If you would like to spend less the SeaWind beach club is attached to the Secrets property and much less expensive for the day. However carnival buys out the whole beach club for excursions when in port.

Thank you! We're very interested in Secrets but when I contacted the resort, they said day passes are not available through the resort. However, I've seen the passes for sale on shoreexcursioneer.com. The resort is aware those passes are available but will not confirm if they will be accepted. Have you purchased a day pass at Secrets before?

No I have not bought a day pass there. But I stayed at Secrets for a week this year. That's a reputable reseller that I have heard of though. I met people there from the Carnival ships as they had it offered as a Carnival excursion. Attached is a link to my video shot there.

No I have not bought a day pass there. But I stayed at Secrets for a week this year. That's a reputable reseller that I have heard of though. I met people there from the Carnival ships as they had it offered as a Carnival excursion. Attached is a link to my video shot there.

enjoyed your awesome 10th anniversary video of your time in jamaica -

brings back memories of our carib ports in the past - started snorkeling

in 2008 at 66 - thrilled the day with starfish & stingrays - loved every excursion !:)

am now in wheelchair temporarily until i get my hip replacements but still love to

cruise with my jim pushing me about the ship !!

we tell everyone no matter what age to enjoy every minute while they

still can !!;)

Edited by loma linda ca a & j

You might want to consider the humming bird sanctuary at Rocklands. It is about a 20 minute drive from the pier in Montego Bay. You basically sit in a chair and hold a bottle of sugar water. The humming birds will come and perch on your finger and sip the water. They will also take you on a short tour of their gardens. Combine that with a stop for lunch at the Pork Pit and you will have a nice day in Jamaica.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Amypintx, My daughter is 8 and has done a zip line in the past. For some reason she is a little scared to do this. About how high up from the ground would you say the platforms are? Thank you!

I didn't think they were crazy high up. Yes, they are up though. You are always hooked in to a side rail until you take off. I felt very very safe.