Voyager of the Seas JS 1394

Dewana49

Paul,

Thanks! Your pictures are great and a help to see the suite. Pictures on the RCI web do not do it justice.

My son, DIL and I will be on the VOS exactly one year from today on a cruise out of Barcelona. First time to Europe and on RCI. We have sailed on Princess, NCL and Carnival, but have always wanted to tray RCI.

Shall I say, we can't wait!

Can I ask 2 questions? I believe we are high enough to not hear the engines, right? Also, what about the noise from the deck above? I think it is part of the buffet area.

Again, thanks. I'll be sharing your pictures with the "kids".

Dewana

You will not hear any engine noise. The only thing you'll hear back there is the sound of the water (and it's great).

At night, you can sometimes feel the propellers. It's a slight vibration, almost like a fluttering feeling. It will knock you right out.

The Windjammer buffet is right above you, but it is not the kitchen area. It is the seating area and it is carpeted. I never heard a peep from above.

Glad I can help. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks, again, Paul.

As far as the sound of the water and the slight vibration feel, we all 3 love that. We have "cruise" sleep let down when we all get home - miss that rocking to sleep motion!!!

I was really more worried about the sound from above. My son said they only problem he can see with the Windjammer being above is that we will smell food all the time. LOL

Again, thanks and if you can think of anything else to pass on, please do so.;)

I have already found that website. It is great. The pictures are great. Just wanted to find someone that had actually stayed in it (or one like it) to get a "personal" viewpoint.

Now, if we can just afford the airfare to and from Barcelona, we will be good.

See you are booked on the Voyager in December. Hope you have a great time!

Dewana

Has anyone stayed in the junior suite 1394 on the Voyager of the Seas? I have it booked for June 14, 2009. It is aft on deck 10.

Thanks,

Dewana

We stayed in 1694 (same room as 1394) on Explorer of the Seas on deck 10. The two ships have the same layout, I believe. Anyway, that is a great room - a wonderful choice. It is about 12 ft. wide and about 20 ft. long - not counting little entrance way - which is longer than the junior suites along the side of the ship, but not quite as wide. The measurements are pretty accurate - (I actually measured the room and veranda - a hobby of mine.) The veranda is really big - about 12 x 13 with loungers, table not huge, but big enough to eat at and 2 straight chairs. Veranda is covered. There is some framework out side the deck which you can see if you look down, but doesn't impede your view looking out. Room very comfortable - only a single sink in the bathroom, but there was a bathtub and shower, a nice sofa and chair in the living area and a smallish, but adequate walk-in closet. I'll attach a few pix so you'll get a better idea. We loved this room so much, we've already booked it for a cruise in Feb. of 2010. The veranda and room were so much roomier than the junior suites along the side. It is an adjoining room to the one next door, but we never heard a thing. I would bet that you'll love it!

2016042820_towardsdecksm.jpg.374890a732e5320707c1e6fbb3e3c228.jpg

1594328714_verandasm.jpg.4e4c2540150d9f9f6c23522db5659dab.jpg

1223242566_towardsdoorsm.jpg.1abf738a5e3c053e78f48bf18c7949cc.jpg

1268128133_downfrom10sm.jpg.29de3b47bfa74583f2edf957f23760cd.jpg

Thanks. The pictures are a great help. From everything I've seen and heard, I know we will love the room. My TA was very excited when she saw it was available and basically told me I was taking it. With 3 adults, I am sure will will use ALL the room.

Now if the countdown would just hurry!

Dewana

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Dewana49 - It appears it has now been several years; however your concerns were the same that we have right now. Was everything that was stated about the junior suite correct? Did you find it to be quiet at night when the staff was cleaning the windjammer cafe? Thank you in advance as we are deciding between this cabin and a mid ship jr suite on deck 9.

Archived