Is Divina Going in Dry Dock Next Month?

lovelights

Does anyone know if Divina is going in dry dock next month? I noticed that there is no sailings available for some dates in September, and I browsed the internet, and found some information that indicates that Divina is going to be in dry dock for 21 days, beginning September 17th, 2016.

We leave October 22nd on Divina, and I was just curious as to what they might be doing to the ship for the 3 weeks that it will be in dry dock. I've never been on a ship shortly after a drydock before.

As far as I know it is just general maintenance of things that need to be perfected....We were in the Yacht Club and saw management going around noting things like little chips in the wood railings. I think they keep this ship so beautiful that they keep up on anything that is showing signs of wear and tear. I dont think there will be any big changes. I could ask though :-) I am sailing on her again tomorrow!

We are on the 10/8 cruise on Divina - 1st cruise after drydock. It has me a little worried, have heard lots of nightmare stories about the first cruise after drydock. Hopefully it will be finished on time!

I'm on the same cruise!

Does anyone know what things are being upgraded for dry dock??

Super curious now!

We are on the 10/8 cruise on Divina - 1st cruise after drydock. It has me a little worried, have heard lots of nightmare stories about the first cruise after drydock. Hopefully it will be finished on time!

If you can, come back here and post about your cruise, so the remainder of us know what to expect before we cruise. :)

If you can, come back here and post about your cruise, so the remainder of us know what to expect before we cruise. :)

I'll try to do that, but I suspect it's not going to be anything exciting. From what I've read, they are doing some minor maintenance and getting ready for the "Wellness" experience by updating a few of the rooms.

If you go to MSC's website and look at Divina, there is a "NEW Deckplan". The only difference I can see is the Wellness rooms.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Divina.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering where she was going also. I'm on NCL Escape and she's usually in port with Escape in Nassau, but not my sailing. Only one other ship in Nassau with us because of that...will be very odd. I'm used to Nassau being overcrowded.

I don't know the Escape's itinerary, but the Divina goes to Nassau on Friday on a 7 night cruise.Eastern Caribbean.

We're booked for an Eastern itinerary, and Nassau is our first stop, which, I think, makes it a Sunday.:)

We're booked for an Eastern itinerary, and Nassau is our first stop, which, I think, makes it a Sunday.:)

They are changing the itinerary after drydock to go to Nassau on Monday instead of Friday. The visit to San Juan on Wednesday is all day, 9 am to 2 am.

They are changing the itinerary after drydock to go to Nassau on Monday instead of Friday. The visit to San Juan on Wednesday is all day, 9 am to 2 am.

Isn't Nassau on Sunday? We leave on a Saturday, since Nassau is the first stop, it has to be Sunday.