Defective item purchased on QM2

fantasy51

When I was on QM2 in December I purchased a Swarovski necklace. I wanted to wear it today but found that the clasp is defective. It is hard work to open it and it does not spring back when I let go.

Does anyone know what happens in such a case?

I have thrown away my onboard bill. Besides, these would not have detailed the specific item so I don't think they would count as genuine receipts.

Can such an item be taken to any Swarovski shop or will I have to return them to the QM2 itself or to any of the other Queens on my next cruise? (That sounds like a good excuse for a cruise!)

When I was on QM2 in December I purchased a Swarovski necklace. I wanted to wear it today but found that the clasp is defective. It is hard work to open it and it does not spring back when I let go.

Does anyone know what happens in such a case?

I have thrown away my onboard bill. Besides, these would not have detailed the specific item so I don't think they would count as genuine receipts.

Can such an item be taken to any Swarovski shop or will I have to return them to the QM2 itself or to any of the other Queens on my next cruise? (That sounds like a good excuse for a cruise!)

If I remember correctly the shops are run by Harding Brothers so that would be my first avenue, no receipt would probably be an issue. Click here http://www.hardingretail.co.uk/

Thank you for the link Capn. I have emailed them.

Unfortunately, Bell Boy, I threw away my onboard statement once I'd checked it against my credit card bill.

I seriously doubt how useful the onboard receipt would have been, anyway. All I received was the slip to debit my onboard account. I don't think it showed what I actually bought.

If I have no luck from Hardings, I'll go to a local Swarovski shop and ask them what to do. It looks simple on the internet. As long as I have the certificate of authenticity, I should be able to get it repaired. I have to hope that the shop put the necklaces in the correct boxes, as I see there's a code on each box.

Edited by fantasy51

Unfortunately, Bell Boy, I threw away my onboard statement once I'd checked it against my credit card bill.

I seriously doubt how useful the onboard receipt would have been, anyway. All I received was the slip to debit my onboard account. I don't think it showed what I actually bought.

I have have no luck from Hardings, I'll go to a local Swarovski shop and ask them what to do.

If the shop doesn't assist, which I think they will, I'd take it back next time you're on board and they will/may.

I purchased a shirt onboard the QM2 which had a small hole in the fabric, and I didn't notice it until I returned home. Harding Bros. handled its replacement quickly and to my complete satisfaction.

If I have no luck from Hardings, I'll go to a local Swarovski shop and ask them what to do. It looks simple on the internet. As long as I have the certificate of authenticity, I should be able to get it repaired. I have to hope that the shop put the necklaces in the correct boxes, as I see there's a code on each box.

I used to be an agent for Swarovski, and I would be disappointed if when you approached the local Swarovski agent that they didn't arrange to repair it for you.

Ive had a few instances in my history with the product that we were concerned to meet the clients expectations. Its a premium brand and in our interest to maintain that.

The code will indicate where it was retailed through so and they will also be able to tell if its current stock so its a reasonably simple matter of good faith for them to see you right.

regards Roscoe

Edited by roscoe39

Thank you Roscoe.

I have a suspicion that it was old stock. I know it was the only one they had. I looked in my two boxes at the certificates of authenticity and one has a 2010 date while the other has a 2013 date.

For me it was a big purchase, as I don't often buy jewellery. At the moment I am still hopeful. Let's hope the local retailer has as much integrity as Roscoe, and that I strike a sales assistant who is actually interested in helping.

I have had a couple of dealings with Hardman Bros. Bristol spoke to a Mr Nell he was very approachable and helpful with my problem which he sorted out. I would have no fear, if I had any future problems. 1st class service:D

I heard back from Harding Brothers via email yesterday. They said I would need my receipt as proof of purchase. I explained that I no longer had it but sent them a scan of the credit card statement that paid off my onboard bill (with appropriate security details blocked off, of course). That was yesterday. In today's mail I received a special delivery envelope to send the necklace back to them. Very prompt.

I will post more when the item is returned, fixed. I will have to wait for the snow to melt before I go out in the car to take it to the post office. ;)

Edited by fantasy51

Good to hear that fantasy , and thank you for posting back to let us know how the saga has turned out.

It's good to hear that things can often turn out for the best. Occasionally folk post on CC questions/problems but never come back to say how things have progressed ..:)

I agree with you completely Bell Boy. It's a little gripe of my own. If someone does not post back, then we don't know if they've even read the answers they were given, and I know some people put a lot of work and research into answering questions. It's not that we are asking for thanks but I think it's good manners to let people know that their answers were read.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news! It had been nearly 3 weeks since I posted off the defective necklace to Harding Brothers and I decided to email them yesterday for an update.

First I was informed that the parcel had arrived on 5 February and they had sent it off to Swarovski. Seeing their warehouse is not in the UK, it would take a little bit of time.

An hour or so later I received another email saying that the person had queried what was happening and supposedly a new necklace was due back in their office that day. If it arrived early enough, it would be sent out to me that day to arrive today.

Ten minutes ago the postman arrived at my door with a new necklace, complete with working clasp.

Harding Brothers have been very helpful and professional throughout. I am very pleased.

Good news! It had been nearly 3 weeks since I posted off the defective necklace to Harding Brothers and I decided to email them yesterday for an update.

First I was informed that the parcel had arrived on 5 February and they had sent it off to Swarovski. Seeing their warehouse is not in the UK, it would take a little bit of time.

An hour or so later I received another email saying that the person had queried what was happening and supposedly a new necklace was due back in their office that day. If it arrived early enough, it would be sent out to me that day to arrive today.

Ten minutes ago the postman arrived at my door with a new necklace, complete with working clasp.

Harding Brothers have been very helpful and professional throughout. I am very pleased.

I wouldn't have expected anything less, great work by the agent. Thats why we get the big bucks...(joke)