Has Anyone Used Special Needs At Sea???

gram2trips

I called NCL special needs dept & they gave me this name & care vacations which I knew about. Special needs at sea is $20 cheaper for the same w'/c than care vacations. Just wondered if anyone has had any experience with them? reliability, etc. TIA

You will be very happy with special needs at sea. We were traveling with a girl traveling with a manual w/c. We told her that it would be difficult to wheel her self and would be better off renting a scooter. We were on our way to the ship from Ft Laudedale airport when she asked my wife if it was too late to get a chair. One call to special needs at sea and the scooter was waiting in her room when she checked in.

I'm so glad to learn that NCL is now doing business with SpecialNeeds at Sea! I've always heard good things about them, and indeed they were cheaper, but the last time I sailed on NCL (a couple of years ago, now) they were only doing business with CareVacations.

Wonderful. thanks all for your repsonses. I will be calling Special Needs tomorrow to rent the w/c. The lady I talked with said it would be waiting in our stateroom & to leave it there when we depart the ship. Wahoo I can get my husband to Blue Lagoon to see the grandkids with the dolphins!!

Just used Special Needs on a cruise in September that left from Venice and returned to Athens Greece. I rented a electric scooter from them for my husband. I was really worried about it not being in Venice Italy when we arrived which would have put a hard ship on our cruise.

The scooter was there as promised, it was perfect, and we left it in our cabin when we docked in Greece.

I would use them again.

We used Special Needs for our Alaskan cruise in September. We arrived in Seattle a day early and had a need for oxygen in the hotel, as well as the ship. They had the concentrator and scooter waiting for us at the hotel. The next morning, our transfer to the ship, including the scooter, was arranged through HAL. We were not allowed to take the concentrator with us though and Special Needs picked it up from the hotel and had another waiting in our cabin on the ship. An additional charge for picking up and delivering the second concentrator but well worth it.

Archived