Curacao Driver

Megan112

Hey!

I have been trying to find a driver for the day to take us around the island, were a group of 10.I am having no luck! has anyone done this before and have someone they can recommend??

Thanks=)

Henry (leo) Platte gives a great tour; six of us went w/ him in January and had a wonderful afternoon... I think email is rentaguide@hotmail.com.. I know it's on a thread here about guides.

I have contacted him for Apr 11 and apparently we are his first inquiry for the day. He said he would contact me back for the full island tour.

If he had more inquiries.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from Curacao and we used this company called Yellow Tourism Solutions. They hired a guide for us. The guide's English was not clear and he had no microphone. He was on a cell phone a good part of the time. The fee was exhorbitant. Don't use this company.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to post & thank Caroline & others on this board for recomending Henry "Leo" Plaate for our day in Curacao. He was incredible! I booked him for our day in Curacao while on the Zuiderdam's April 20th cruise for a private tour. From there I posted on our roll call for people to join us, and I got a fabulous response - we ended up booking two vans/buses with Henry for 40 people for the day!

Both buses were very comfortable, air conditioned and roomy. Both Henry and the other guide, Larry, whom I beleive is his 'second' in command were very knowledgeable and entertaining. All the people on Larry's bus told our bus that they laughed together all the way around the island.

The tour was top notch, we toured the incredibly pretty & photogenic island from top to bottom, taking in most of the major sites and stopping for lunch at a lovely restaurant that had great local dishes. Service was a little slow there, but hey, it was island time probably.

The last stop was swimming at the beach - and for those that didn't want to swim, Larry and Henry arranged to sort us into two groups - those that stayed & swam, and those that wanted to go back to town to shop. That was very convenient!

It is such a pleasure to be able to come to thsee boards and obtain the names of the 'best' guides in ports - thank you everyone.

• 1 month later...

Archived