Carnival Glory\St Thomas Wedding May 8 2013 :)

Hey everyone, slowly working on back to reality after coming home from our wedding cruise, will start working on a review of the Glory and our contacts from St Thomas soon as I get thru the mountains of laundry lol

Short form everything was perfect, The Glory is beautiful, crew were awesome, St Thomas is absolutely gorgeous, and we've already said we are definitely going back to stay for a few days. Photos from Elisha Orin are to take a few weeks to get to us but photos from family and friends are slowly trickling in to us, one things I wish I could go back and re-do ..............ASSIGN SOMEONE MY CAMERA!! never thought to do that, but the 12 other guests took lots of photos, just patiently waiting for them to get back to reality and real life as well so they can share them.

arch_zps6010e483.jpg.a2a6f20846605e0a5669eb1ac349c03b.jpg

Photos from Elisha Orin are to take a few weeks to get to us but photos from family and friends are slowly trickling in to us, one things I wish I could go back and re-do ..............ASSIGN SOMEONE MY CAMERA!!

Congrats!!!

Would love to see some pictures taken by Elisha Orin! She is who i would like to do my wedding; i just dont know if she will be on the island same time as my wedding next year! and good tip about the camera I would have never thought about that.

Aaawwww! Love it! Welcome back and congrats!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Thanks Ree! Your countdowns getting smaller! How are things going?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Thank you!! Elisha was absolutely fantastic! She was so much fun pretyy much like hanging out with a good friend for the day!! Email her soon and see if she's on Island when your there, she does book up fast!

Congrats!!!

Would love to see some pictures taken by Elisha Orin! She is who i would like to do my wedding; i just dont know if she will be on the island same time as my wedding next year! and good tip about the camera I would have never thought about that.

Thanks Ree! Your countdowns getting smaller! How are things going?

We are getting there, going to finish all of the last min things this weekend.so next week I can rest a couple of days before the OOT guests come in. Thanks for asking!

Well how how organized I've seen you I'm sure you'll handle it all with the grace of a Southern belle!! :) how did the final dress fiTting go?

We are getting there, going to finish all of the last min things this weekend.so next week I can rest a couple of days before the OOT guests come in. Thanks for asking!

Congrats and Welcome back :) Im sooo happy for you... Sounds like U rocked UR day :p. Yeahhh I cant wait to read everything... WE understand how hard it is getting back into the swing of things,, Take UR time....

Well how how organized I've seen you I'm sure you'll handle it all with the grace of a Southern belle!! :) how did the final dress fiTting go?

It was quiet a trip. I did what I said and didnt leave without it. SO we were there well over 2 hours(think it was closer to 3). But I have it in hand and it fits. I can fix the rest. I am glad you had a great day! I wish you all the happiness in the world!

Good for you!! Ohh wow, times drawing near!! Wishing you the happiest of wedding days!! :)

It was quiet a trip. I did what I said and didnt leave without it. SO we were there well over 2 hours(think it was closer to 3). But I have it in hand and it fits. I can fix the rest. I am glad you had a great day! I wish you all the happiness in the world!

So patiently waiting for my pics to come from the photographer but thought I'de start some of our May 8th Carnival St Thomas wedding review with pics of bouquets and such.

Had the brilliant (?) idea to make my own brooch bouquet, after seeing a pic of one, and then seeing the price to have one made was sure I could come up with something.

IMG01038-20120708-0917.jpg.6a9070c32543f0b3bc51dc734abe0a7c.jpg

IMG01042-20120714-1624.jpg.027663ed4753c24e0537cb40d7ca3abc.jpg

IMG01237-20121004-1757.jpg.cd3d140dac530f0e165b3bf762dd56b1.jpg

IMG01235-20121004-1757.jpg.a17d6f82911215469df3ee55c0b3d162.jpg

My daughter made hers as well and she used a blue hydrangea, I had told her she could pick any brooches she wanted as this was something for her to keep forever, she chose birds, with one octopus lol and wrapped the handle in blue satin.IMG_1544_zps3ec4a482.jpg?t=1369878945IMG_1548_zps56d7f1f6.jpg

IMG_0852_zps29b54025.jpg?t=1369879059

At this point I thought hey why not try making bou'ts as well...so made matching ones with some shells and small flowers

IMG_1559_zpsf2582b7b.jpg?t=1369878375one for my groom and one for my son... they both loved the chain!

For a ring "pillow" we wanted different and since it was the Caribbean, what comes to mind but pirates and treasure chests....IMG_1554_zps8014d07c.jpg?t=1369878469We bought 2 at a dollar store and proceeded to stain one and then wrapped foam with blue velvet with a cut thru the center for the rings to sit. Then added in lockets with pictures of our parents who have passed on, but this was our way of having them close :)IMG_1538_zps66f6fd67.jpg?t=1369878548

Congratulations! We got married in St. Thomas while cruising the Glory in December 2012 with all of our family and friends and it was fantastic!! :)

Thanks Muah!! We loved St thomas, it was so beautiful, we both have said we can't wait to go back and tour the island!

Where abouts did u get married?

Thank you!! Elisha was absolutely fantastic! She was so much fun pretyy much like hanging out with a good friend for the day!! Email her soon and see if she's on Island when your there, she does book up fast!

I'm at the early stages talking to elisha about shooting my wedding. How long did you have her for and did you feel like it was enough time? Also did she stop at exactly the 1 (or 2 or 3) hour mark or was more casual about the time frame? im afraid that i will book her for two hours and then wish i had her for longer.

I'm at the early stages talking to elisha about shooting my wedding. How long did you have her for and did you feel like it was enough time? Also did she stop at exactly the 1 (or 2 or 3) hour mark or was more casual about the time frame? im afraid that i will book her for two hours and then wish i had her for longer.[/QgUOTE]

We

Hi we had booked 4 hours, the spots we picked for photos were mainly In town. The ceremony was on the mountain so it made more sense to take them after courthouse and before ceremony for us. I wouldnt say she was punching a clock and was right around the 4 hour mark, she didnt seem rushed or anything, Highly recommend her, shes so friendly, and captured such personality and emotion from us all. So depending on where your asking her to take pics a d your travel time between you need to judge that part. Hope that helps some.

Archived